485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Mao Sugiyama Cooks, Serves Own Genitals At Banquet In Tokyo
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
37 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mao Sugiyama Cooks, Serves Own Genitals At Banquet In Tokyo

This chef's got balls.

Mao Sugiyama, a self-described "asexual" from Tokyo, cooked up, seasoned and served his own genitalia to five diners at a swanky banquet in Japan last month, Calorie Lab reported.

In most cases, "asexual" is a word used to describe a person who is non-sexual. Sugiyama, however, embraces it as a way to show that he does not affiliate with either gender.

Sugiyama sparked a firestorm of interest on April 8 with one tweet:

"[Please retweet] I am offering my male genitals (full penis, testes, scrotum) as a meal for 100,000 yen …Will prepare and cook as the buyer requests, at his chosen location."
Just days after Sugiyama's 22nd birthday, the artist underwent elective genital-removal surgery, divvied up the severed penis shaft, testicles, and scrotal skin between five people, and garnished it with button mushrooms and Italian parsley.

On April 13, five of six diners who signed up for the $250-a-plate feast, sat down to dinner. The sixth person was a no-show.

The next day, an organizer posted a blog -- subsequently deleted -- containing pictures of the event. Images showed dozens of people who attended the event just to catch a glimpse of the rare treat.

The extra diners were served crocodile-based dishes while Sugiyama cooked up the exclusive meal.

The story went viral in Japan. Some showed even more interest, while others complained. But Calorie Lab called Japanese authorities, who deemed the banquet legal because there is no law against cannibalism in the country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/asexual-mao-sugiyama-cooks-serves-own-genitals_n_1543307.html#slide=more228605
8 Comments
Blank
That is way too weird.

Obviously the chef is insane but what about the people who paid to eat his dish?

It's really too weird.
Blank
285927_tn?1380802356
My first thought was, after seeing the little guy, how he managed to feed a potential of 6 people. I think they are all insane! LOL
Blank
206807_tn?1331939784
The Sick part is, these people knew what they were eating!

"Sugiyama sparked a firestorm of interest on April 8 with one tweet:

"[Please retweet] I am offering my male genitals (full penis, testes, scrotum) as a meal for 100,000 yen …Will prepare and cook as the buyer requests, at his chosen location."
Just days after Sugiyama's 22nd birthday, the artist underwent elective genital-removal surgery, divvied up the severed penis shaft, testicles, and scrotal skin between five people, and garnished it with button mushrooms and Italian parsley."

"The story went viral in Japan. Some showed even more interest, while others complained. But Calorie Lab called Japanese authorities, who deemed the banquet legal because there is no law against cannibalism in the country."

"
Blank
1530342_tn?1405020090
EWWWWWW.....
Blank
1494170_tn?1361754460
WooooooooaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooW!!!!!!!!

Was that from Jerrry Dahmers cookbook???

Just way way wrong!!!!!
Blank
649848_tn?1357751184
Eeeewwww, I'd have to say they're all a bit sick.  I don't even want to think how one would prepare human parts for cooking.  What if he had some disease or something?  

Mike, "weird" is an understatement........ you can come up with a better word than that........... lol
Blank
1494170_tn?1361754460
sorry i was freaked out, i meant jeffry dahmer
Blank
649848_tn?1357751184
LOL........ I think we're all equally grossed out.........
Blank
Recent Activity
1747881_tn?1358189534
Blank
hrsepwrguy commented on Feeling Great 2 yrs p...
5 hrs ago
1747881_tn?1358189534
Blank
hrsepwrguy commented on HectorSF's status
5 hrs ago
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572 Don't let people pull you i... Comment
16 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers