485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Obama: Wants to work with GOP
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Obama: Wants to work with GOP

WASHINGTON President Barack Obama is sounding a conciliatory tone after his re-election victory, saying he has learned from those who supported him and those who opposed him. And he says he returns to Washington "more determined" and "more inspired."

He said he's hoping to work with Republicans to solve the nation's problems.

He spoke to a cheering crowd in Chicago shortly after Mitt Romney told supporters in Boston that it's time for the nation to unite behind the president.

Obama said he wants to meet with Romney to discuss how to work together.

As he starts his second term, Obama will once again be dealing with a Republican-controlled House and a Senate led by Democrats.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/11/07/3649274/obama-wants-to-work-with-gop.html#storylink=cpy
8 Comments
Blank
Boehner said the republicans want to work with him.  We should be off to the races.
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
Brice I was going to post exactly that.  Boehner seemed very sincere today in his remarks.  I sure hope they both mean it.
Blank
I just love it when they act like real leaders.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723

A-freakin-men!!!!!!!

NOW, that's awesome!!!  I think Mitt's business background would be a super asset to helping the economy.

Wahoo.  
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
I actually think bringing different sides together is the way he'd like to work things out.
If you recall he put his rival from the primary, Hilary Clinton, into a high position in his cabinet. He also included Republicans and some of Bush's people.

If the Republican leaders are willing to work with him, I believe he would be more than willing to work with them.

Good night, time for dessert.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
They were willing but all he wanted to do was to pass a radical adgenda. Nothing he has done in 4 years makes me believe he is telling the truth.
Blank
1310633_tn?1289313024
ditto
Blank
285927_tn?1380802356

A-freakin-men!!!!!!!

Yep, thats what I want to hear! I think its awesome too.
Blank
Recent Activity
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572 commented on Derealization and Dep...
5 hrs ago
Blank
Lev1Fagan commented on Derealization and Dep...
12 hrs ago
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank
Barb135, Dee1956, orphanedhawk, and mikesimon commented on orphanedhawk's status
Sep 16
MedHelp Health Answers