485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Obama: Wants to work with GOP
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are determined to be argumentative, combative, or offensive. MedHelp has recently changed their Terms of Use; with the new format and other changes being made, this would be a good time to familiarize yourselves with the new TOU as well. You can access those via the following link: http://www.medhelp.org/legal/terms_of_use Name calling, ridicule and abusive language is not allowed (per MH Terms of Use); this includes the title of your thread. Any thread posted with derogatory name calling in the title will be deleted, no matter how informative your thread might be, unless it’s part of the published title of the article you’re posting…This type of abuse brings nothing constructive to the forum and serves only to instigate altercations. We are all adults and are expected to behave accordingly… Failure to comply with these rules will result in being deleted from the group membership list. You *must* post a link to your source or your thread will be deleted.

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

Obama: Wants to work with GOP

WASHINGTON President Barack Obama is sounding a conciliatory tone after his re-election victory, saying he has learned from those who supported him and those who opposed him. And he says he returns to Washington "more determined" and "more inspired."

He said he's hoping to work with Republicans to solve the nation's problems.

He spoke to a cheering crowd in Chicago shortly after Mitt Romney told supporters in Boston that it's time for the nation to unite behind the president.

Obama said he wants to meet with Romney to discuss how to work together.

As he starts his second term, Obama will once again be dealing with a Republican-controlled House and a Senate led by Democrats.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/11/07/3649274/obama-wants-to-work-with-gop.html#storylink=cpy
Boehner said the republicans want to work with him.  We should be off to the races.
Brice I was going to post exactly that.  Boehner seemed very sincere today in his remarks.  I sure hope they both mean it.
I just love it when they act like real leaders.

A-freakin-men!!!!!!!

NOW, that's awesome!!!  I think Mitt's business background would be a super asset to helping the economy.

Wahoo.  
I actually think bringing different sides together is the way he'd like to work things out.
If you recall he put his rival from the primary, Hilary Clinton, into a high position in his cabinet. He also included Republicans and some of Bush's people.

If the Republican leaders are willing to work with him, I believe he would be more than willing to work with them.

Good night, time for dessert.
They were willing but all he wanted to do was to pass a radical adgenda. Nothing he has done in 4 years makes me believe he is telling the truth.
ditto

A-freakin-men!!!!!!!

Yep, thats what I want to hear! I think its awesome too.
Barb135 commented on FDA issued a warning ...
703nikki joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 06
Life360_Dave your status can't be blank Comment
Feb 03