Philly Student Ridiculed Over Romney T-Shirt
Samantha Pawlucy, a 16-year-old student in Philadelphia says that a teacher ridiculed her for wearing a Mitt Romney t-shirt in class. CNBC's Larry Kudlow weighs in.

The 16-year old sophomore, who attends Charles Carroll High School, told CNBC's Larry Kudlow, that she was humiliated by a teacher for wearing a T-shirt in support of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
She said the teacher compared her to the worst racists in history -- the Ku Klux Klan.
"It was really embarrassing, and I think she did it because she's against Mitt Romney," Samantha said.
"I was really nervous," she added, "and I was worried that after class, people were going to come up to me and say something."

Events unfolded last Friday. Nothing out of the ordinary happened until the student arrived at her geometry class -- before that time the shirt didn't raise any objections.
However, the offending teacher saw the Romney / Ryan shirt "and told me to get out of the classroom, I said no," Samantha explained on "The Kudlow Report." (Read More Below the Video.)

When she stood her ground and refused to change, Samantha said the teacher pulled her into the hall and encouraged others to make fun of her. And according to news reports, the teacher attempted to scribble on the shirt.

Samantha also admitted to Kudlow that she was so embarrassed by what happened she hasn't returned to class. "I don't want to be threatened and I want the teacher to be fired."
Samantha's father Richard Pawlucy is beside himself. He told Larry Kudlow that he wouldn't tolerate his daughter being bullied by anybody let alone a teacher.

Although they've met with school officials about the incident, neither Samantha nor her father are satisfied. "The teacher told us it was a joke. That she jokes around with students. There's nothing funny about what she did."
The school district confirmed to CNBC that an incident occurred and it is conducting an investigation to determine whether disciplinary action is necessary.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/teacher-ridicules-student-romney-t-155305823.html

That's not ok.  You would think teachers would encourage children to pay attention to what is happening in their country and to learn about the electoral and voting process.  I think bullying is the right word to use here and I do not blame her father for being very upset.  I would be too.  That's just awful.
If it was my daughter, regardless of Romney or Obama shirt, The Head Line would “Man Jailed for Whooping Teacher's ***”

LOL, People are soooo fickle!
NOT COOL AT ALL...I agree R....But my headline would say Mom jailed for whooping teacher's A$$.....
I'm SO not okay with this.

Wear an Obama shirt.
Wear a Romney shirt.
Wear a Ryan shirt.
Wear a Biden shirt.

Wear ANY shirt you want. As long as it's not profane or "off color" or banned, wear anything you want to school, and wear it proudly.

I actually LIKE it when I see people wearing Obama shirts (or Romney shirts). It shows that they at least CARE about what's going on in the country, and aren't one of the mindless "sheeople".

I'm disgusted by the teacher. She should be fired. PERIOD.
This is not a teachers job.  "Encouraged others to make fun of her".  I'm relatively sure that this is not in the job description.
No and I agree the teacher needs reprimanded severely.

My grandkids were always told there were certain slogans, tees that were not allowed in school, but it doesn't matter in this case, teach was waaaay outta line.
The teacher was WAY out of line.
If school policy forbids wearing shirts supporting any party or candidate, then the student should be told to go home and change.

It reminds me of when I was in middle school. Briefly I liked a black boy in our almost all white school. My science teacher who supported an extremely bigoted guy, George Wallace, running for president,  heard about me holding hands with the boy and tried to flunk me despite my never getting anything below a B in his class.
I had no idea how much turmoil that hand holding would lead to.

George Wallace! EEE gads, I remember him, lol, telling our age for sure!
Before I did or said anything I would want to be sure it was LEGITIMATE humiliation.
It really is awful.  Teacher turned bully - how horrifying for this child.  Some schools are banning any kind of slogans, etc. and I agree - that would be one thing.  But to publically call her out like that, and attempt to humiliate her and encourage other students to do the same?  Teachers like this have no place in the school system.  
Not challenging, by any means, but what do you mean by "LEGITIMATE humiliation."   Is humiliation, of any sort, "legitimate?"

If a teacher humiliated a child under any circumstances, that would be wrong.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
specialmom Woot woot. Tournament cha... Comment
Dee1956 "Be kind, for everyone you ... Comment
Dee1956 commented on spider6's status
Jun 25