Taliban Signal Readiness for Peace Talks

BREAKING NEWS Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:31 AM EDT

In a potentially groundbreaking move, the Taliban announced on Tuesday they were prepared to take the first step towards peace negotiations with the Afghanistan government after 12 years of war.
The announcement came in Doha, the capital of Qatar, where negotiations have been underway for more than two years with a range of international participants to attempt start peace talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government.
It would be the first time that the antagonists in the Afghanistan war have undertaken peace negotiations to end a conflict that has encumbered the United States since 2001, when American forces entered the country to rout Al Qaeda.
READ MORE »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/19/world/asia/taliban-ready-for-peace-talks-to-end-afghan-war.html?emc=edit_na_20130618
I'm not sure that this means anything for the region.  Those folks have been going at it for centuries.  
This is a joke.
I smell Bull$hit on the taliban's part..
It sounds like an opportunity to have a human bomb show up for the peace talks.  
I dont think they are above that.
Smokeysmoke is what it is. I wonder what is really going on? Dont trust it for one second.

Joke, Bullsh!t,Smokey smoke, human bomb

Yeah, if *we* are all on the same page, I don't think they will be pulling the wool over anyone else's eyes.

I sure hope not anyway.
While we’re over there stocking Syrian Rebels with weapons, we might as well re-stock the Taliban.
Who says we aren't?  Either way, I'd venture a guess that these "arms" end up in the wrong hands sooner rather than later.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
motye51 commented on mary567's status
SweetJane790 joined this group
Welcome them!
May 03
Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status
May 02