485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Taliban Signal Readiness for Peace Talks
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are determined to be argumentative, combative, or offensive. MedHelp has recently changed their Terms of Use; with the new format and other changes being made, this would be a good time to familiarize yourselves with the new TOU as well. You can access those via the following link: http://www.medhelp.org/legal/terms_of_use Name calling, ridicule and abusive language is not allowed (per MH Terms of Use); this includes the title of your thread. Any thread posted with derogatory name calling in the title will be deleted, no matter how informative your thread might be, unless it’s part of the published title of the article you’re posting…This type of abuse brings nothing constructive to the forum and serves only to instigate altercations. We are all adults and are expected to behave accordingly… Failure to comply with these rules will result in being deleted from the group membership list. You *must* post a link to your source or your thread will be deleted.

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

BREAKING NEWS Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:31 AM EDT

In a potentially groundbreaking move, the Taliban announced on Tuesday they were prepared to take the first step towards peace negotiations with the Afghanistan government after 12 years of war.
The announcement came in Doha, the capital of Qatar, where negotiations have been underway for more than two years with a range of international participants to attempt start peace talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government.
It would be the first time that the antagonists in the Afghanistan war have undertaken peace negotiations to end a conflict that has encumbered the United States since 2001, when American forces entered the country to rout Al Qaeda.
READ MORE »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/19/world/asia/taliban-ready-for-peace-talks-to-end-afghan-war.html?emc=edit_na_20130618
I'm not sure that this means anything for the region.  Those folks have been going at it for centuries.  
This is a joke.
I smell Bull$hit on the taliban's part..
It sounds like an opportunity to have a human bomb show up for the peace talks.  
I dont think they are above that.
Smokeysmoke is what it is. I wonder what is really going on? Dont trust it for one second.

Joke, Bullsh!t,Smokey smoke, human bomb

Yeah, if *we* are all on the same page, I don't think they will be pulling the wool over anyone else's eyes.

I sure hope not anyway.
While we’re over there stocking Syrian Rebels with weapons, we might as well re-stock the Taliban.
Who says we aren't?  Either way, I'd venture a guess that these "arms" end up in the wrong hands sooner rather than later.
703nikki joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 06
Life360_Dave your status can't be blank Comment
Feb 03
Diamando6 commented on photo
Jan 29