485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Tell me you didn't know this was coming.
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tell me you didn't know this was coming.

A petrochemical plant in Geismar, Louisiana that exploded on Thursday, killing one person and injuring 73, has not been inspected by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in the past two decades, according to an analysis by ThinkProgress. The Williams Olefins plant, which produces about 1.3 billion pounds of ethylene and 90 million pounds of polymer grade propylene, according to the company's website, does not have any recorded inspections for plants producing either substance in OSHA's database since 1993.
Remember the fertilizer plant that blew in West, Texas? Hell, remember the Massey coal mine disaster? Remember how there inevitably was a story about how those places had been freed steadily from the death grip of government regulation by the Invisible Hand of The Profit Motive? Remember how people then wondered how such terrible things could happen to such wonderful people and everybody sent teddy bears and stuff?

thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/06/14/2157181/louisiana-chemical-plant-osha
Recent Activity
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank
Dee1956, and nursegirl6572 commented on specialmom's status
10 hrs ago
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank
Dee1956 commented on WyoSue's status
Dec 27
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank