This is your President
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-consults-msnbc-hosts-sharpton-maddow-tax-rates_665036.html

You really have to be kidding me with this. MSNBC needs a name change to ONN=Obama News Network.

And yes ladies and gentlemen this is your President, meeting with talk show hosts.
LOL, Yeah! I guess I did deserve it at that! neener neener! LOL

rivll, that does sound like its straight out of a novel, it was playing out in my head reading it. Sounds wonderful!

Im allergic to ice.... And shoes!
Im allergic to ice.... And shoes!

Lol, I guess you will say in Florida then!
I prefer being barefoot too. Ah, warms sands...lucky you Teko :)
Sand running through the toes, that does sound nice. If I could combine Teko's and Rivll's stories, I just might run away to try to find this perfect place!
Did I forget to mention the sand fleas? And red tide? The water here is like 60 degrees right now but you would never know it with all those northerners on vacation! They jump right in while the ones that live here sit and shiver just watching them! Altho this is the time of year that we live here for, summers are very hot and humid. That is when I would like to go north, summers.
Rivil...she had it coming.  

Coulda called her a son of a beach!  :0)

It's crisp here with partial sunny skies...but only in the mid 40's...getting cold!  :0(

But no no no, you enjoy your 80's teko!  I think the gov't should tax sunnier places more.  Yep yep yep...there's a new idea!

I'd probably not have to pay much of anything if that were the case!
All things have their pros and cons.
I lived in Hawaii~ lovely weather, beautiful scenery, warm clear waters full of fish, turtles and dolphins.
Then there were huge flying cockroaches, mosquitoes the size of small jets, and centipedes with a killer sting.

Enjoy what you've got, thats what I try to do:)

Rivil: Everyone's already said it, but I'll join in.
Thanks for that beautiful description of grey wintry moments on the bay.

Um...ewwwwww!!!  Yeah, I think I'll stick with what I have.  Yuck!  ;0)

I do enjoy the climate here....especially fall.  LOVE autumn!  So prettty, it's a season that tickles all the senses...the smells (spice, pumpkin, bonfires), sights (gorgeous colors of the foliage), sounds (leaves crackling underfoot), tastes (apple cider, pumpkin flavored everything, etc).  I would miss that the most if I moved somewhere that didn't have the fall season like we have it here.
AAAAGHH! I don't love bugs. I especially do not like blood suckers.
Thanks for the kind words OH and that horrible visual of huge flying roaches. Aaahhh! I used to get my little boys to gently remove large bugs and spiders from the house and put them outside. They tell me they still do it for their wives!!!
Hey, anyone remember the thread about holiday stuff, I think NG started awhile back?
Now that I have a clean house I want to start gift making...
NG, what you describe is exactly what I miss about Ohio. Cold nights in front of a warm fire in the stove with hot cocoa, snow on Christmas! Even raking the leaves in the fall and watching the kids dive into them. Yes, I do miss that this time of the year. All the rest of the year tho, not so much. And the grass! I miss actual grass, what we have here is a vine that grows on the ground and not pleasant to go barefoot in. And cracking of walnuts in the fall. Yes Yes, now that I am homesick!!!!

rivll, I left a couple of ideas you may or may not like on the holiday hints thread, looking forward to others sharing as well.
Cold nights in front of a warm fire in the stove with hot cocoa, snow on Christmas! Even raking the leaves in the fall and watching the kids dive into them. Yes, I do miss that this time of the year. All the rest of the year tho, not so much. And the grass! I miss actual grass, what we have here is a vine that grows on the ground and not pleasant to go barefoot in. And cracking of walnuts in the fall.
Yeah! Love those images that just pull me along. Thanks Teko and NG
Now I have a peek at you.
When I was in Hawaii some people asked if I didn't miss the seasons.
What I learned was there were indeed seasons but the differences were more subtle.
The coffee bloomed in the winter~ we called it Kona snow.
Poinsettias bloomed rampantly.
It did take a little adjusting to the idea of Santa on a surf board.

Those big palmetto bugs sure scared people but I got to where I didn't mind any bug as long as it didn't bite or sting.
I miss some things about winters in Iowa/South Dakota, but love living in FL, where I know I'm not going to have to shovel anything. Not having snow for Christmas doesn't bother me.........

Teko - while our grass is hay, now, too, because of lack of rain, it's apparently, a bit better than what you have...... though it's dry and crackly underfoot.

We do have the plametto bugs, which can be unpleasant, but we learn not to panic......... lol

I hear people say that FL doesn't have "seasons" -- they must not really look around, because all I have to do step out my back door and look toward the horizon and I see every season.......  no, it's not like going to NC or TN, but still we have the seasons.

rivil - I agree with everyone else - the description of your  morning, was awesome.
Ugh, I could live without seasons for awhile.  Our summers here are just beautiful, but unfortunately far too short.  Spring is ok and fall is beautiful, but sadly we seem to have skipped it this year.  We've had snow on the ground since early October this year and have already had some extremely cold days...the kind you don't dare take your kids out to play.  I still say you Americans should give us one place with palm  trees!  We need a warm, sunny province!  Please and pretty please?
I stand by dual citizenship and free vacation packages.
70s and low 80s here to. I'm not looking forward to the colder days ahead, I just wish the damned Grass would quit growing. Since I work out of town, my wife cut it last week (Bless her Heart). I was hoping it would be the last time for the year, but I should have known better. With the rain we got and the temps reaching high 70's, I'm sure I will be Cutting Hay this weekend.
R...that's so funny you said that.  We have about 14 acres, about 5 or 6 of that is the part hubby keeps cut, for a yard and the frontage of the house.  I have to laugh though,....he was the one who wanted land...had to have it...when I would have been happy with a 4X4 piece of cement for a yard...and now he does nothing but b*tch about having to cut it.  We've had some unseasonably warm days...and he's already put his stuff away (including the tractor).  He will NOT give in...lol.  
You are so lucky to have land! If I had diamonds and gold, I would give it all away for a plot of land to grow on.
You can rent a herd of goats to mow your grass for you. Cheap, easy and fun to watch. They do it here in the Bay area.
I went to an animal auction one time. I had no clue about auctions. I also tend to speak with my hands. Um, I ended up with 2 pigs, 2 sheep, a goat and a calf......when I originally went for the pony my da wanted for her birthday. Well, yes, I got the darn pony too.. You live and you learn, I have never been to another auction. We need to start a thread about the worst christmas present we ever gave or recd. Or lifes dumbest experiences!
LOL!!! That is very funny Teko.

Dumbest experiences are easy for me, my life is full of them,but I would have to think carefully about sharing them publicly...lol

I am sure I have given bad gifts but I don't ever really remember reciving anything that was terrible. Maybe not useful or attractive, but I am still happy to be thought of, even if it is a dead plant in a cracked pot. Maybe they thought I would rescue it, lol.

Ha, that really IS funny Teko!  You had your own petting zoo!!!  
FOFL, Hey guys I could write a book! When I was young and first married, I painted my living room black with white trim and had a red and black couch and chair. It was a phase! Down the hall was the bathroom so I did it in black and red as well. Cool eh? Well that was when those velvet paintings were real popular and of course I found a great big picture that matched my bathroom in red and black. Except.... you ready for this? It was a picture of satan sitting on the toilet smoking a reefer. I put it up over the toilet and it took up the whole wall. I thought it was soooo coool. The jehovah witness people that came around passing out pamphlets evidently didnt think it was cool. LOL One of em needed to use the bathroom, so she did, when she cme out she looked at her sisters and said we gotta go. Now! You never seen anyone move so fast in your life and they never returned either. Well. It gets better folks. I thought that painting was sooo awesome that I ended up giving it to my mother for christmas. If you could have just seen the look on her face when she unwrapped that picture! I never did know what eventually happened to it, I never saw it again! rofl. Like I said, I could write a book! I was so dumb!
Oh and just to add to that, dumb me didnt know till years later that my one boy wet the bed cause he was scared of that picture and would not go to the bathroom by himself. So that mistake cost me big time, and him too!
ha ha ha.  Where do you even buy a huge velvet picture of Satan on a toilet smoking reefer????  LOL  Really, in all seriousness---  do you have a picture of this black room with white trim and red and black bathroom.  I'd give you the 50 cents I have in my wallet to see that!!!  I had kelley green walls when I was a kid with bright pink everything else.  I thought it was beautiful!  My sister had ORANGE walls.  Our mother might have been a little too indulgant letting us get involved in paint color for the walls.  
ROFL! OMG, Teko that is the best one yet.
Who would have known you could have such bad taste???
Very funny.
rivll, I'm totally enjoying your response---  who would have known you could have such bad taste.  LOL
LOL, It was a phase!  OMG yes it was bad looking back on it! I got it at a flea market somewhere and the colors in it were perfect! And I didnt even smoke pot, I just thought the pic was neat! Dont think my mama agreed tho!

ORANGE is almost as bad sm!

Now I am just an old boring person with neutral everything! So if anyone ever needs to get rid of jw. There ya go! God got back at me tho cause my da grew up and married one. KARMA!!!
Ha ha.  They held a prayer session on your front lawn after that and look what happened.  LOL
The only thing I can come up with right now is once when I was a traveling young woman, I found an abandoned kitten on my way to Yosemite to camp out with friends. We hiked miles into the backwoods and kitty sat in my backpack.
When we finally made camp, I decided to be a show off (sounds like me, eh?) and told everyone they were wimps for sleeping in tents and that *I* was going to sleep out under the stars. So me and kitty got into my sleeping bag and cuddled up under the stars. Truly spectacular.
Sometime around dawn I heard snorting and figured it was one of the guys trying to seduce me so I gave a kick and rolled over. Then I heard avery deep grunt and something pushed against my side and *rolled* me over... The kitty started hissing and scratching my bare feet and it suddenly hit me that this was no romantic endeavor. I lay real still, praying the cat would stop shredding my toes and quiet down and the I heard a sort of padding off and awhile later I heard some tearing of material (our backpacks hanging from limbs)
Finally when all was quiet I peeked out and saw a huge black bear rambling off with our sack of granola.
Long story short everyone seemed alot more dismayed by the missing granola than the fact that I was almost rolled off a cliff by a bear!!
Kitty found a good home 3 days later with a nice couple and I was off on more travels.
Seriously, I bet it IS payback!  Okay Okay, I wont terrorize the jw people anymore. Im sooo ashamed! NOT!
OMG       You're something else........... I'll be laughing about that for some time to come.  Even I've never done anything like that........... LOL
Oh my lordy rivll!  You are one lucky lady!!  I think kitty was your good luck charm!

Teko, ha ha.  It is funny how life can come full circle sometimes though, isn't it.  LOL
ROFL, RIVLL!!!!

Sometime around dawn I heard snorting and figured it was one of the guys trying to seduce me so I gave a kick and rolled over.

OMG, Im gonna pee my pants. I can just envision that in my head! lol
Hang with me kid!  OMG I am notorious for stupid stuff I swear!
Hahaha. It is so good to laugh with you all.

Going out for tea now, ttyl loves
I wait with bated breath for the next episode............. LOL
0-0

I'm speechless.

(Okay, not really...lol, when do I ever hold back??)

Teko...I was rofl reading your posts!  When I read the description of your decor, in my head, porn music was playing (bow-chicka-wow-wow).  And the auction??  LOVE it!  "No sir, I do not want the family of donkeys, I was scratching my nose"  Priceless!!

RIVIL!!!  You were almost BEAR kibble!  That story is unreal!  Thank GOD you didn't wake all the way up...dear Lord...you would have probably panicked, and it might have been game over!!!

SHEESH!  I don't think I could come close to matching any of those stories.  I have one that's kind of weird/ironic/funny.

We live up on a big hill, with not much in the way of wind break, and it's ALWAYS windy up here.  When we have summer storms, it can get VERY windy!

There was this outdoor decoration I had out, it was a stake, with a hanging candle/light holder on it.  Well, the holder had actually broke a few weeks before, so I had taken it out of the ground and set it on the patio table.  Hubby harped at me because I was too lazy to walk the crap 50 ft to our garbage can (true).

One day, it was storming BAD.  I looked out, our patio umbrella was open, and the table was starting to lift up (later, the weather service reported a microburst in our area).  There was sh*t flying all over the place.  So I ran out to deal with with the umbrella situation...as I was running back in, I felt a sharp pain in my chest.  NO LIE...the stake from the broken light I neglected to throw away shish-ka-bobbed me....well, more like shish-ka-BOOBED me.  :0(

I wasn't hanging out of my chest or anything, but it did leave a bit open nasty hole about the size of a dime (due to the trauma flying in and out).  
:0(    Needless to say, I got a lecture about being lazy.  My hubby never tires of the boob jokes...sigh.  The next day, he texted me..."how is your boo boo?  Keep me abreast of the situation".  We were telling our friends what happened...one of them said.."Wow!  That must have been scary!"  Hubby said.."Naw, it was kind of exciting...titilating actually".

Yowsers!
Oh, you guys are SO funny ---------- "shish-ka-BOOBED", "Keep me abreast of the situation", " titilating (sic)".

teko's terrorizing the JW's, rivil's "kicking off beary serious sexual advances and ng's being shish-ka-boobed.......  too funny......

ROFL
Forgot his fave....boob-sicle.  He's so supportive!!!  ;0)
Me thinks rivil's camp-mates would've appreciated teko's picture!!!  LOL
Whew....almost done with my shopping.  I can cross Teko off my list:

http://pinterest.com/pin/110478997079919548/
That is too funny. It must be fun having such a husband. I love hearing the couple stories, very cute.

My camping friends were horndogs what adolescent male isn't) but they respected my kicks, lol. We were great friends, but I dunno, I like a little heart with my loving.

My next story will either be about the pelican on the golden gate bridge, the chicken in the mission or traveling in Morocco alone after my wallet/passport was stolen.
Teko, get ready for part II of satan on the toilet and ng, I want to hear more bosom buddy stories...This is very fun. C'mon barb and sm dig out your skeletons. OH?
That was a good story and, though I rarely laugh out loud, I was smiling a lot.
HA!....I can't believe you found the picture of the devil sitting on the toilet with the joint!

Teko, Now that I see what it looks like, it's not that bad..LOL
This one doesn’t come close to Teko and NG’s stories but here goes.
I have never worn cologne. I just don’t care for it.
Years ago someone gave me present and I could smell it through the box so I went ahead and opened it.
It was a Sample Box of Men’s Cologne (remember this was years ago, Ole English Leather, Musk for Men, Aqua Velva, etc)
. I wrapped it back up and gave it to a friend of mine. He was excited that I bought him a Christmas Present.
I then asked him if he got me anything. He felt bad and apologized. I acted like I was disappointed.
After a couple of hours I told him the truth and he cussed me out while I laughed.
LOL...Aqua Velva...
Z Zegna Extreme is the only cologne I really like.
Anything made in Italy is going to be great.
http://www.artbusiness.com/1open/images/08010936.jpg It was more like this one. EW the memories!
LOL R!

You regifted!!!
Surely so! Its not possible to have more than one of those things out and about is it?  LOL  Looking back on it, I can only say, WHAT ws I thinking! Im gonna look and see if I have any old pics of that black living room laying around. If I do I will post it. LOL

Im gonna nickname you the deflated one! You lucky woman! That could have been soooo bad!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
hrsepwrguy https://www.youtube.com/wat... Comment
Dee1956 commented on CDC Becoming Involved...
Barb135 Happy Thanksgiving... Comment