485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Unemployment fraud
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
38 members

Unemployment fraud

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/28/fraudulent-unemployment-benefits_n_3175092.html

Uhm.... here's something we can work on.
'Unemployment benefits' are becoming another social program that some people just don't want to get off.

Question: they obviously know who the cheaters are (as checks were cashed/deposits to banks were made... so are they going to prosecute, or "go after" them in some way?

Extend UE for 2 years, and people will stay on it for 2 years.
Extend UE for 1 year, and people will stay on it for 1 year.
Extend UE for 6 months, and people will stay on it for 6 months.
Etc, etc...

As long as the gov't will 'give' it, people will stay on it.

UE has become the US equiv of being on "the dole".
"Extend UE for 2 years, and people will stay on it for 2 years.
Etc, etc... "

I agree...

CRAZY!...These clowns spoil it for those that do REALLY need it when they lose their jobs due to no fault of their own..Damn Shame...I think unemployment for 2 yrs was ridiculous. 6 mos is fair. One should be able to find a job, some sort of job in 6 mos no?! even if it is part/time or 2 part time jobs. There are jobs out there...
1 time in my life I needed to collect unemployment.  Because I didn't accept a job that paid 1/3 of what I was making previously, they dropped me like a hot rock.  I explained the logic and further explained that taking this job was actually going to cost me money rather than allow me to make money.  No dice!  Dropped like a hot rock.

I'll never use that miserable system again.
UE is there for people that NEED it as a 'stop gap', that's it.

People are getting on it, and STAYING on it. And what's worse, is they feel like they are OWED something.

CRAZY is right.

If you lose your job, by all means, draw UE... that's what it's there for, until you find yourself another job.

The job-market, although still not fantastic, IS improving, and continues to improve (although not as fast as some would like, it can't be denied that it's ever so slowly getting better).

I lost my job some years back, and was on UE for 5 months. I ended up taking a job with a 40% pay decrease (from my previous employ), but at least I was working.

I'd rather work 3 jobs, than sit at home drawing UE. But I guess that's just me...
Dee1956 commented on susan400's status
52 mins ago
Barb135 commented on Official Announcement...
Sep 22
hrsepwrguy, and Dee1956 commented on pooh55811's status
Sep 21