485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Who won the vice presidential debate? Doesn’t matter.
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
32 members

Both campaigns declared victory in last night's debate between Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan, with Democrats focusing on Biden's passion and Republicans focusing on Biden's aggression. Neither acknowledged that it is a futile point.
Immediate polls from CBS, NBC, and Xbox Live all reported that a majority of undecided voters believed Biden won, and the prediction markets ticked up a few points in President Barack Obama's favor in the hours after the confrontation. The Signal couldn't care less. The question pollsters should have asked was this: Is Obama still bleeding?

Electoral odds before and after the Biden-Ryan debate.
Sources: Betfair, Intrade, HuffPost's Pollster, and RealClearPolitics
As we have pointed out before, every day that elapses in which GOP challenger Mitt Romney does not gain ground on the incumbent is a net gain for the Democrats. (This is true for any challenger in any election.) In the past week, Romney has succeeded in that battle, effectively turning an unequivocal debate victory into a steady march in the polls. The instant polls and market movement suggest Biden succeeded in diverting that narrative.
Follow the state-by-state and overall presidential predictions in real time with PredictWise.com.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/signal/won-vice-presidential-debate-doesn-t-matter-161718546.html

follow the link to view the charts
This is what I hope was accomplished last night. I just didnt know how to put it in words.

Will it stop the bleeding? We will see
"Will it stop the bleeding? We will see"

You said it!...
Hey this is a pretty cool sight, you guys otta check it out!
Saw other pools form undecides that gave it to Ryan.
If there was a winner it was Obama. I watched an interview this morning about 4:30 with a Man and a Woman. I don’t remember their names and I will try to quote them the best I can. The man was pretty much a waste of time. This sums up about all he had to say, Biden won, Ryan lost & Obama Good, Romney Bad. Ok, now go back and play in the sand box so the adults can talk. The woman was very well balanced. She felt the Debate was a draw but Biden would have done better if he weren’t so obvious with his laughter and interruptions. But, Biden accomplished what he had to. If he had lost this debate, it would have been the Nail in the Coffin of Obama’s Campaign. Biden was able to “Stop the Bleeding” but now only Obama can salvage it. She also said Obama can thank 2 veterans for keeping his campaign alive, Bill Clinton and Joe Biden.
Absolutely agree. That is why this particular debate was crucial for Obama. It may not move the numbers much, well actually it might at that after that abortion conversation, Now it has been set up for Obama to bring it home. If he fails to do that, done deal
hrsepwrguy, and Dee1956 commented on timothy141's status
1 hr ago
specialmom forgot about baseball laun... Comment
1 hr ago
Dee1956 commented on Dee1956's status