485?1255548736
Current Events . . . User Group
Women's Unclean Breasts Cause Diarrhea,
About This Group:

This is a place where we can discuss current events - what happens around the world and is reported in the news. Healthy debates and discussions regarding issues we feel strongly about will be allowed; however, personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will threads and/or comments that are argumentative, combative, or offensive. You *must* post a link to your source, or indicate if you heard it on TV, read a magazine/newspaper article, and indicate what radio/TV station, magazine/newspaper or your thread will be deleted. Remember, this is "Current Events", not "Current Arguments".

Founded by HelpinUtah on October 14, 2009
37 members

Women's Unclean Breasts Cause Diarrhea,

The inability of women in rural Egypt to clean their breasts is causing a diarrhoea epidemic, according to the country's Prime Minister Hisham Qandil.

Qandil was speaking about the spate of recent epidemics in Egypt's rural communities. During the address, he said he had witnessed children suffering from diarrhoea immediately after they have been breastfed because their mothers were unable to clean themselves probably.

He added that many women in rural Egypt don't even bother to clean their breasts at all before feeding their toddlers.

Qandil made his remarks during an address at a cabinet meeting. Women members present were noticeably uncomfortable  as Qandil made the comments.

Qandil previously caused widespread anger by offering a bizarre solution to Egypt's power crisis. He urged the Egyptians to wear cotton clothes and gather in a single room to conserve power.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/432037/20130206/egypt-hisham-qandil-unclean-breasts-diarrhoea-cairo.htm
“He added that many women in rural Egypt don't even bother to clean their breasts at all before feeding their toddlers.”
I’m trying to block out the visual of cramming a cheese-incrusted breast into a baby’s mouth.  Close but still doesn’t beat Mike’s post about the Stir Fried Genitals.
Yeah... I'm doing all I can to keep breakfast down after reading this article and R's description of "cheese incrusted breasts" and then rehashing Mikes "stir fried genitals' post.... Good grief.
If a woman bathes regularly she does not as a rule, wash her breast before feeding.
It may be a case of poor hygiene in general and I think that should have been the focus of this guy's statement.

BTW, fried genitalia was Teko's post.
I that case Teko has is holding both 1st and 2nd place
I think she is trying to help her husband lose weight.
  LOL. I know it’s working for me.
I think the idea of the post was that women are not able to clean themselves properly.  I believe it stems from a problem with adequate water supplies.

Stir fried genitals; cheese encrusted breasts?  Yuck........... next we're going to be hearing about frosted butt cheeks................lol
"I think the idea of the post was that women are not able to clean themselves properly.  I believe it stems from a problem with adequate water supplies"

I don't think so,

"He added that many women in rural Egypt don't even bother to clean their breasts at all before feeding their toddlers."

He's saying  they don't even bother to clean their breasts at all.Think about it, I don't care how big the Fun Bags are, it don't take very much water to clean them.

LOL, Hey guys! I have been trying to find things non political that we could all get something out of! Want me to go back to politics? LOL Yeah, maybe it would be better eh!
"He added that many women in rural Egypt don't even bother to clean their breasts at all before feeding their toddlers."   Aahh,come on, I'm just sure that's because they have a water shortage and haven't been taught proper hygiene, right?  You know, this might be their custom, too; just like years ago, we got to have one bath a week and that was it; the rest of the time the best we could do was a "spit shine".... but you're probably too young to remember that....  I'm trying to give them the benefit of doubt.  LOL

And don't forget - women in Russia don't shave their legs, or at least didn't used to....... I remember some Russian women coming to a company I worked for -- the hair on their legs was longer than the hair on my head and all kind of curly ....I couldn't take my eyes off their legs........ yikes......

teko, I think it's great that you're finding things that aren't political; not everything in life has to revolve around politics and we get so passionate about it.  We need to have some fun for a change.  Thanks
Or maybe that’s their custom for weaning them. Let them get so nasty the kids eventually don’t want anything to do with them and if they do, they get sick. I don't even want to think about how they deal with an over sexed husband.
This is a really good reminder that we take so many things for granted.  A shower with clean water once a day is a luxery in some places.  
I know, I had the same thoughts. I cannot even imagine and hope I never have to either. We are blessed simple because of where our parents were when we were born. Luck of the draw? I dunno, but Im sure feeling blessed about living in the usa about now!
You Teko, me and all four of our clean breasts are thankful!
LOL, surely are!!!
The stinky, dirty boob thing is freaking me out...
Well, let me help out here.  Parasites are unseen.  You wouldn't notice the stinky, dirty boob Brice just to look at it.  You'd have to feed off it to get the diarrhea.  

Better?
Not much better... its the visual.  I appreciate your effort.
(Crusty old bush boob keeps hitting me right between the eyes.)  I need brain bleach.  And nasal bleach.... I think I smell it now.
Lets talk about stinky hairy scrotums for a change.
Seriously, this conversation should have ended after the first 5 or 6 comments.
There is no need to go on and on about it. I find it offensive at this point.
**luxury**  

My spelling . . .  I have to work on this.  

Something to remember about this article is that it is the conjecture of the Prime Minister who has gotten things wrong before.  
I don't mind the article, what bothers me is the apparent obsessive disgust with an unpleasant image.
“just like years ago, we got to have one bath a week and that was it; the rest of the time the best we could do was a "spit shine".... but you're probably too young to remember that....”

We called them “Spit Baths” My family is from “The Piney Woods” of North Louisiana almost on the Arkansas Line. Not only do I remember Spit Baths but also taking a bath in a #3 Wash Tub, a couple of relatives didn’t have “Indoor Plumbing” so there was also the Out Houses and the Slop Jars. When my Grandfather finally got Indoor Plumbing, the toilet was for the Women Folk. I think my mother was about 13 before they got electricity and was married at15 had my brother 17 and me at 19. Needless to say, my family was poor. I had an Uncle that was a Carpenter and also had a Chicken Fighting Arena. I asked him if anybody in our family was Rich? He told me,” Son if everyone in the Family died, both your Momma’s and your Daddy’s side, you still wouldn’t inherit nothing but Bills. I’m the only one that has anything and all I got is this Damned Ole Chicken Fighting Arena.”
"Lets talk about stinky hairy scrotums for a change."

Well OK but we'll only be changing the conversation from Teat Cheese to Fomunda Cheese.
Oh gawd. lol

I loved your story about growing up. Sounds wonderful.
That pic. of you and your brother could have been the same house with me and my sister. It was freaky seeing a home that was from that era.We had indoor plumbing, but my dad grew a lot of our food. Life seemed simpler then.

Started feeling nostalgic and lonely for all those who have passed on.
"Spit shine/spit bath" - same thing.  I grew up on a farm in eastern South Dakota and we didn't have indoor plumbing until I was about 14, so yep, we had the outhouse, the wash tub, a slop jar and everything else. Still my mother always said that "2 of the cheapest things in the world are soap and water".  So there was that ever present basin of water to be carried upstairs for the "bath".........

All sounds pretty gross now, but that's the way life was and it wasn't just us; it was all our friends and neighbors, as well.

I agree that the pic of you and your brother could have been taken in my childhood home, as well.
Hey, wait a minute - the stir fried genital meal wasn't my thread.
But you wish it was Mike you still hold the record with the poop transplant thread ;)
Hmmmm ........ Let me see:

Poop transplant; Fried genitals; or Cheese encrusted breasts.......  

Seems to me like they gotta be running neck and neck........lol
Since there appears to be interest in fecal transplantation I'll take this opportunity to post another article. This excerpt is followed by the entire article.

"...Fecal transfer holds promise for the treatment of several other conditions, Dr. Kelly added, including inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and severe ulcerative colitis. Others speculate that it may prove a treatment for obesity, given the differing populations of intestinal bacteria in the bowels of obese humans and animals compared to the nonobese...."

Fecal Transfer Proves Potent Clostridium difficile Treatment

Jenni Laidman
Jan 16, 2013

The first clinical trial of the infusion of donor feces for the treatment of recurrent Clostridium difficile came to an early halt when feces transfer proved 3 times more effective than antibiotics in curing the infection, according to an article published online January 16 in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Els van Nood, MD, from the Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and colleagues randomly assigned 43 patients with recurrent infections of C difficile to 1 of 3 treatments: standard 14-day therapy of 500 mg vancomycin, 4 times daily; standard vancomycin therapy plus bowel lavage; and 4 days of 500 mg vancomycin therapy, 4 times daily, followed by bowel lavage and infusion of donor feces through a nasoduodenal tube.

"I think that this study will help bring this approach forward into the era of modern medicine, rather than sitting in the outskirts of sort of bizarre treatments, which is where it's been sitting," Ciarán P. Kelly, MD, professor of medicine, Harvard Medical Schools, Cambridge, Massachusetts, told Medscape Medical News. Dr. Kelly, author of an editorial accompanying this article, is a gastroenterologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. The editorial calls C difficile "the most commonly identified cause of nosocomial infectious diarrhea in the United States."

Although donor fecal transfer has proved roughly 90% effective in several case studies, this is the first controlled trial of the procedure, Dr. Kelly said.

"Their findings are very consistent with other case series and case reports in the literature," Moshe Rubin, MD, director, Division of Gastroenterology, New York Hospital Queens, told Medscape Medical News. "It's likely going to make this therapy more commonplace." Dr. Rubin is an investigator in a phase 3 clinical trial of monoclonal antibodies against toxin A and toxin B, which attack cells in C difficile infections. He was not associated with the fecal infusion study.

The study was designed to include 40 patients in each group, but a data safety and monitoring board halted the trial for ethical reasons at an interim analysis of the first 43 patients as the study's lopsided results became clear. (One of the 43 patients was subsequently dropped from the analysis.) The authors point to the Haybittle-Peto statistical boundary, which says studies should be halted when the probability that the treatment effects are a result of chance is less than 1 in 1000.

Overall, 94% of the 16 patients in the infusion group were free of C difficile without relapse after 10 weeks. Thirteen of the 16 patients (81%) were disease-free after a single infusion, and 2 more were successfully treated with a second infusion from a different donor. This is compared with a 31% success rate for vancomycin alone, in which only 4 of 13 patients were cleared of the infection, and a 23% success rate in the vancomycin-plus-lavage group, in which 3 of 13 patients were recurrence-free after 10 weeks (P < .001 for both comparisons with the infusion group).

Eighteen of the patients who relapsed after antibiotic treatment were subsequently treated with donor feces off protocol, with an 83% success rate, although 4 of those patients required a second infusion.

An adjudication committee blinded to patient treatment decided when a patient was cured. Cure was defined as 3 consecutive negative stool tests and either absence of diarrhea or diarrhea explained by causes other than C difficile.

After fecal infusion, DNA screening revealed an increase in the diversity of fecal microbiota.

As the first controlled randomized trial, albeit "unblinded and imperfect," the Netherlands study addressed 1 of 3 major impediments to fecal transfer treatment, Dr. Kelly notes in his editorial. Remaining barriers are the logistical challenges in terms of recruiting donors, harvesting and processing suitable material, and the "yuck" factor.

"It's not a particularly appealing treatment," he said. "There's a natural revulsion to stool, and it's challenging to obtain a donation and to process it." An "obvious next step is determining which specific components of stool have this beneficial effect...then simply administering those in a capsule," he said. A Canadian team recently published a proof-of-principal study in Microbiome on 2 patients successfully treated with cultured bacteria.

Also to be determined is the best mode of delivery. Although this study used nasoduodenal infusion, Dr. Kelly said case studies show a slightly higher success rate for infusion via enema or colonoscopy.

Fecal transfer holds promise for the treatment of several other conditions, Dr. Kelly added, including inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and severe ulcerative colitis. Others speculate that it may prove a treatment for obesity, given the differing populations of intestinal bacteria in the bowels of obese humans and animals compared to the nonobese.

"We're just at the very beginning in understanding the repopulation of the colon," Dr. Rubin said. "How treatment will be administered in the future is still unfolding."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/777772?nlid=27218_805&src=wnl_edit_medp_infd&spon=3
LOL..You guys are Hilarious..I'm liking this thread:)

That right there is the cause...Ewwww
nursegirl6572 "You accepted less because ... Comment
1 hr ago
specialmom, mikesimon, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
1 hr ago
Dee1956 uploaded new photos