Aquagenic Wrinkling of the Palms/Relation to Cystic Fibrosis
Hey ladies.  So I have been researching this problem I have been having with the palms of my hands after they get wet.  Whether it's showering, washing dishes, washing my hands, the picture I have included is what happens to them seriously after a couple minutes in water, like two or three..  I was wondering if any of you know about aquagenic wrinkling of the palms and the correlation between that and CF.  I am to call my OBGYN on Tuesday and I am going to ask her if this is indeed what I have...but it makes me nervous that I could be carrying the CF gene especially when we are trying to get pregnant...
It looks like you are allergic to soap(s)...Does this happen witout soap?
yep.  When I show people (lol like it's a trick or something) I will just run water over my hands...
i did a lot of research on cf when i found out that i'm a carrier. This is supposedly a rare condition that can occur in CF carriers (you would know by now if you had CF). If you have been ttc a while and your OB knows you are ttc, chances are s/he has screened you for CF. If not, it's a simple blood test. When we found out I was a carrier, they tested DH. Since he is not a carrier, they had no concerns about the babies. I don't know whether or not they are carriers and will have to remeber to let them know when they're grown up to get tested.

i found a medhelp thread about it where people offer remedies- http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/puffy-palms/show/547153
thank you for the info! I know I don't have it obviously but it still scares me with these hands.  Did you have this problem with your hands?  Nothing has been diagnosed as I never thought it was an issue and we are just recently TTC so I will bring it up on Tuesday.  She never tested me or anything.
My step father has CF He was born with it and is now 45 years old which i believe hes the oldest. Does anyone in your family histpry have CF? Its a simple test. Its doesnt seem like a concern though, my mother gets that.
This thread is a few years old so I don't know if anyone will respond to this.  I too have this condition.  I have went to a dermatologist and was diagnosed with aquagenic palmoplantar keratoderma. They gave me some Urea creme (X-Viate).  That doesn't help much.   I am about to try Drysol.

Did you ever find out any further information about your condition?
it is almost two months now since i order a pregnancy spell cast on me on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) i saw in a website on how he help a couple to get pregnant and i contacted him which i started seeing changes on my body since the first week of last month and it two months and i am carrying my own baby in my womb i am so happy that i finally get pregnant after all i have been through. contact him for any problems you are having, he will surely provide you a solution, All thanks be to him