Cystic Fibrosis Community
Cystic Fibrosis and ovarian cysts

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that causes mucus to be thick and sticky which can clog the lungs, causing breathing problems and making it easy for bacteria to grow and cause lung infections or damage. Discuss topics including prevention methods, causes, symptoms and treatment options.

Cystic Fibrosis and ovarian cysts

One of the responses to my prvious questions mentioned that there were other women on this forum who have CF and have ovarian cysts. I would really like to hear some of their stories. I am always trying to keep up my knowledge base on anything related to CF and my health and it is hard to find other people with CF to talk to because we are not allowed to play with each other! (because of infection control). I have been on other on-line forums for people with CF, but I have never come across ovarian cysts on them. Another question for anyone with CF (or anyone else for that matter) - have other cysts been found in other organs? I apparently have a couple of tiny cystic lesions in my liver and three cysts in my right kidney. These have not changed in the last 5 years and they have not given me any problems. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Michelle
Hello Michelle, I remember reading someone had CFS, which I believe was a reference to chronic fatigue syndrome. If I see CF in the posts, I will take note of who, what, when, where!
Best wishes, Katie
I would not expect CF to directly affect the ovaries because the ovaries do not secrete the hormones via a duct, like the liver does.  CF is primarily an "exocrine" problem, isn't it?

However, I will also add that at this point in life I think most anything is possible, and it is also possible that medications used to combat CF might affect the endocrine system.

I'll see if I can learn anything about any connection.
Hi, Michelle... well... I've had no luck finding a connection between your cyst and CF.  The hydrosalpinx might well be connected, however, if the opening between the fallopian tube and the uterus has been obstructed.   I did ask a friend who has a condition requiring coumadin, and she said that it aggravated her endometriosis; so, I would think that it might well affect cysts such as hemorrhagic cysts or endometrial cysts (aka endometriomas or "chocolate cysts.")   I am sorry that I could not be of help.
Thanks, I always have been rather unique! Someone has to be a case study for the newest medical journals!
Have a good day,
michelle
Michelle

I saw this in your last post of last week but just read it today and posted that I thought it was a mistake...CF and CFS... and now I see it has been caught.

I, too, have other health issues, though not near as severe as yours. It is always hopeful that one problem can be helped or insight found and connections made that lead to help. I hope you do well with your situation. The ladies here, they hate "ladies" but I use it as a term of reverance  ;}  are very helpful and quick to give support. So even if we can't help with the CF or connections they can help with the cyst issues. You may have to educate us on the CF asspects but we will help as much as we can.

Cindi