Cystic Fibrosis Community
Cystic fibrosis or am I paranoid?
About This Community:

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that causes mucus to be thick and sticky which can clog the lungs, causing breathing problems and making it easy for bacteria to grow and cause lung infections or damage. Discuss topics including prevention methods, causes, symptoms and treatment options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cystic fibrosis or am I paranoid?

Hi, I am a healthy 25 year old male, who runs and plays basketball twice a week. I was diagnosed with bronchitis around April 3rd. The cough lasted for about 6 weeks and then went down to 3-4 coughs a day for a few more weeks. It’s been almost 2 months now and I am still feeling the rattling in my chest at least once a day, then it stays in my throat, this goes on around 11am-2pm. especially if I drink water. It then disappears until the next morning. For the past few weeks I only cough once or twice, which is a wet-cough. During the whole 2 months I only spit out phlegm twice, it was a greenish color. Now, Its just clear mucus, not sure if that’s because I am unable to properly spit out the phlegm. For the past month my nose also feels congested and I had to blow my nose 4-5 a day. That has now eased up.

So far I’ve taken azithronmycin which completely helped me get over the annoying coughs that lasted all day (6-14 wet coughs). Also taken IOPHEN-C for a few weeks now and Claritan. My chest X-ray at 6 weeks came out perfectly normal.

I do not feel fatigue, no chest pain, or  no difficulty in breathing. The doctor said I had swollen lymcnh nodes.

Ive done some research and I was wondering could it be these conditions:  Cystic fibrosis, antimonium tartaricum, GERD,  post nasal drip, or asthma (diagnoses with mild asthma when I was 16 after catching phenomonia).  I am worried sick right, please help

I just stumbled on 'cystic fibrosis' while looking up chest rattling/