Cystic Fibrosis Community
im a carrier but we dont kno about the father

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that causes mucus to be thick and sticky which can clog the lungs, causing breathing problems and making it easy for bacteria to grow and cause lung infections or damage. Discuss topics including prevention methods, causes, symptoms and treatment options.

I'm carrier and I'm 32 weeks pregnant we don't know if the babies father is I'm really scared that the baby has it . But also I'm the only one in my family who's a carrier of it how is that.
even if both parents are carriers it's a 50 /50 chance in whether you baby will have cf... my sister and her husband have a child without cf and the other one has it but it's a lifestyle change for you and your child if it happens to have it by chance as i said it's a 50/50 chance.. don't wind your self up over it cause its just going to cause unnecessary stress for both you and the baby.
btw if your a carrier then one of your parents are carriers too
Go get the dad check and see if he is a carrier. And if so then it is a possiability
I am 35 weeks and I am a carrier but NO ONE else in my ENTIRE family is a carrier. My dr told me 1 in 25 Caucasian women are carriers. It's pretty much random. I had no idea I was a carrier until I got tested. But we didn't test my baby's father so there is still a possibility he could have it. Just have to think positive!
My son has cf but remains healthy at 11 months.statistically if mother and father are carrier's theres a 1 in 4 chance of baby havjng cf, a 2 in 4 chance of it being a carrier and a 1 in 4 chance of having no cf gene at all, which means its 75% likely the baby wont have cf.geneticslly for you to be a carrier one of ur parents needed to have been a carrier.me and my partner have no history on either side it came as a complete shock obv theres no real need for our parents to be tested as they wont be havin anymore kids themselves lol. We thought out world had ended, but our boy is still symptom free and thriving.the only real way to get diagnosis is through sweat test or blood work. Even if the worst is true the treatments available are amazing and the outlook for people with cf is bright :-) x