950?1301887332
DECEMBER 2011 BABIES!!!! User Group
Breaking the news that I'm PG -- at work....Need advice please!
About This Group:

If you're due in december join this group we'll have lots of fun waiting for our little bundles of perfectness to arrive this is a perfect group for you if you're scared need answers need someone to talk to if you're on bedrest (like I am) well do lots of fun activities to keep us busy and our minds off how far away December seems

Founded by Country_girl_4life on April 3, 2011
35 members

Well, since I work at a mostly male office where most of them, my 2 bosses included, are quite sexist, my husband and I originally decided I would not let them know I was PG until after the first trimester, especially because it took us so long to get PG (over 3 years) & we are not "out of the woods" yet.

However, today I am at my computer at work w/a different website pulled up to look up symptoms for week 8.  I was actually working on something work-related when one boss came up behind me & started telling me to put all this stuff in one of our Excel spreadsheets. I got a little nervous because I know the tab at the bottom of my screen where Internet Explorer is said "Pregnancy Calendar" and the Internet Explorer icon was RIGHT NEXT to the Excel icon!!!  I tried to waive him off & told him that I'd take care of it but apparently he wanted to make sure I did it (because they are both control freaks) so he stood there as I pulled up the Excel spreadsheet, staring at my computer until I put the info in.

Great, & judging by his inability to stop staring at my computer, I am nervous that he saw the icon that said "Pregnancy Calendar" not to mention I've had several doctors appointments in the last 2 months. On top of that, he walked straight into other boss' office right after that & I couldn't hear what they were saying (even though it's right across the hall from me.  

Also, later when I walked into other boss' office, I really felt like he was briefly staring at my chest (which normally there's not much to see) as if trying to "verify" what the first boss may have told him.

Okay, I know I am being a bit paranoid but for good reason.  These guys & this industry & this economy are not a good combination for me being pregnant.  I know they can't legally fire me or treat me differently because I'm PG but now I am just not sure when to tell them.  They are quite blunt & are the type of people to call you out on something when they think they are right.  I am a TERRIBLE liar & I don't want them to find out until I am ready to tell them & have a serious conversation.  I plan on coming back to work after giving birth (unless we win the lottery) & I can't take off more than 6 to 8 weeks for the birth so they don't have much to worry about.  I know all this worry is not good for the baby but I need some advice from those of you who have already been through this part.  Please help and sorry for the long journal!
Tags: Pregnancy
1 Comment
You're in a tough situation. I wouldn't know how to handle your predicament either. I'm a teacher so I had to tell my principal the reason why I was asking for so much time off. Luckily she was really nice about it and so excited. I only have two more weeks of school so when I return I'm going to look like I swallowed a watermelon so everyone else I work with will find out just by looking at me. lol
Dolphin05 How is everyone doing? Will... Comment
Apr 08
Dolphin05 commented on I love my kid's ...
Apr 07
Dolphin05 commented on Amanda999's status
Mar 28