Breaking the news that I'm PG -- at work....Need advice please!
Well, since I work at a mostly male office where most of them, my 2 bosses included, are quite sexist, my husband and I originally decided I would not let them know I was PG until after the first trimester, especially because it took us so long to get PG (over 3 years) & we are not "out of the woods" yet.

However, today I am at my computer at work w/a different website pulled up to look up symptoms for week 8.  I was actually working on something work-related when one boss came up behind me & started telling me to put all this stuff in one of our Excel spreadsheets. I got a little nervous because I know the tab at the bottom of my screen where Internet Explorer is said "Pregnancy Calendar" and the Internet Explorer icon was RIGHT NEXT to the Excel icon!!!  I tried to waive him off & told him that I'd take care of it but apparently he wanted to make sure I did it (because they are both control freaks) so he stood there as I pulled up the Excel spreadsheet, staring at my computer until I put the info in.

Great, & judging by his inability to stop staring at my computer, I am nervous that he saw the icon that said "Pregnancy Calendar" not to mention I've had several doctors appointments in the last 2 months. On top of that, he walked straight into other boss' office right after that & I couldn't hear what they were saying (even though it's right across the hall from me.  

Also, later when I walked into other boss' office, I really felt like he was briefly staring at my chest (which normally there's not much to see) as if trying to "verify" what the first boss may have told him.

Okay, I know I am being a bit paranoid but for good reason.  These guys & this industry & this economy are not a good combination for me being pregnant.  I know they can't legally fire me or treat me differently because I'm PG but now I am just not sure when to tell them.  They are quite blunt & are the type of people to call you out on something when they think they are right.  I am a TERRIBLE liar & I don't want them to find out until I am ready to tell them & have a serious conversation.  I plan on coming back to work after giving birth (unless we win the lottery) & I can't take off more than 6 to 8 weeks for the birth so they don't have much to worry about.  I know all this worry is not good for the baby but I need some advice from those of you who have already been through this part.  Please help and sorry for the long journal!
You're in a tough situation. I wouldn't know how to handle your predicament either. I'm a teacher so I had to tell my principal the reason why I was asking for so much time off. Luckily she was really nice about it and so excited. I only have two more weeks of school so when I return I'm going to look like I swallowed a watermelon so everyone else I work with will find out just by looking at me. lol
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
DaeDae26 commented on Nervous about chemica...
Dec 10
Dolphin05 commented on JennyB0125's status
Mar 17
Feb 12