DNA / Paternity Community
Annie Need Your Help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Annie Need Your Help

Hey I asked some questions a while back ago and it kinda eased my mind.but I just have a couple questions about some due date and lmp from u/s .! Please help
Sure, go ahead.  Please give (as far as you know):

The date of the first day of your last period
The date(s) of the unprotected sex
  --- [if someone pulled out, it's still unprotected]
The date of your first ultrasound
How far along you were told the pregnancy was, at that first ultrasound
Whether you asked specifically about whether that was referring to
     conception or was it just the medical way of counting
What due date you were given at your first ultrasound
Okay so i surely remember my period coming on around the end of august.i believe it came on around the 25/26.but when i had a ultrasound on 10/24/2012 & on it says GA(Lmp)8Wks6dys.the u/s tech gave me a due date of june 4 2013.but when i count frm my ga(lmp) it gives me a period start date of 8/24.now whrn i put that in a conception calculator it gives me a due date of May 31 2013.:/confusing. Well lets skip back to  before i started having sex with current bf.well i had sex with this dude(unprotected) im for certain on Aug 19 or 20.then i remem like i said earlier i had a normal period.i remem my period endin sometime arnd aug 29/30.i started having sex with my current bf and hopefully the,father of my babygirl on aug 30.he started to ejaculate in me on sept 1 the following  2,4,5,8,9.its been so long that i think i remember the time i had cervical mucus on my fingers and that was the week my bf was ejaculating in,me.but im nt sure if it was sperm or cervical mucus. Im want to know basically can i rule out the dude from aug 19/20.? Or cld he possibly be the father?.i will be devastated if i have to tell my current my bf its a possiblity of another man.he is so happy and excited that he is having daughter.please help me annie.im now 23 weeks prego and still stressing badly abt this whole situtation.
Unprotected sex with Mr. Hope-It's-Not-the-Father -- Aug. 19 or 20

Possible first day of lmp -- Aug. 25 or 26 [normal period, ended Aug. 29 or 30]

Sex with Mr. Hope-It's-the-Father -- Aug. 30, then unprotected Sept. 1 - 9

Ultrasound -- October 24 with GA of 8 weeks 6 days, est. due date June 4

I can't see any scenario in which sex on August 19 or 20 plays into it, no matter how many times you plug dates into a conception calculator and then plug them in backwards.  Even if your due date were five days earlier than the ultrasound dated it, you still would only stretch back to it indicating you had a period begin on August 19 or 20, not ovulation on August 19 or 20.  You do know, I assume, that gestational age (GA) counts all the way back to a presumed first day of last period?  This doesn't mean it is telling you that somehow you ovulated on that day.  They just need a firm place to start the count.
Okay so i can definetly stop worrying abt the dude frm august 19/20? I think i am worrying myself because they say sperm can live for 7 days in fallopian tubes.but then they say only with cervical mucus sperm can live that long. I feel so much better talking abt because i dont want to talk abt to anyone close to me because they can go back nd tell my bf. But another question is what is conception window and many days does it usually last.? And im curious abt all this because im only 17 and never paid attention to these things till i found out i was prego.and also when would my conception been and how many days would it have been.? Thanks annie your really alot of help.:)
Let's say the sperm did live for a while.  It would have to live ten days even to make it to the end of your period, and sperm just doesn't last that long.  It would appear your conception date is around September 4-7, from your ultrasound.  Conception is not something that takes many days, it happens in an instant.  The reason you see a window instead of a day on calculators is that they don't know which day the egg came down, just know when it is most likely to have done so.  But since you had an utrasound, you can count back using the defaults of ultrasounds.  They are set to give an estimated first day of last period, followed by a default possible-conception date two weeks later.  So, count back 6 weeks 6 days from the ultrasound.  This gives you two reasons not to worry about Mister Hope it's Not -- one is that your event with him was before your period, and you had a period, and pregnant women don't have periods.  The other is that the tech who measured your actual baby gave you an estimated timeline that makes Mister Hope Not pretty much impossible.
Thanks Annie if i have anymre question i will ask you.:)