DNA / Paternity Community
Confused?! & Pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Confused?! & Pregnant

Hey, i'm 26 wks pregnant, supported by my doctor.. When i got my first sonogram i was " 14w3d ". but when i was talking to the lady who gave me the sonogram she said i conceived on Jan 14-15..

My Boyfriend who i had sex with all of Jan has came in me except one day which is my LMP Jan 28.. i had sex with other guy feb 2nd and 3rd(he came, not inside me). when i count it up from what the doc says my due date is Nov. 4.. that would mean that the other guy is the sperm donor but by what the sonogram woman said it was 2wks before my LMP which means i conceived before my period??? & it would be my boyfriends.. I don't feel to sure about this one : /
If the due date they gave you is indeed November 4, here is what the conception calculator says.  Did she give you the due date at your first sonogram, i.e., in your fourteenth week?

First day of last menstrual period:  January 28
     Probable date of ovulation:  February 11
     Possible dates of conception:  February 7 to 15
     Due date:  November 4 (40 weeks)

Did you continue to have sex with your regular boyfriend (the one from January) in February?   Or are you saying that the only time you had sex in February was the 2nd and 3rd?  A 14th-week ultrasound can be off by +/- 6 days, so if the only sex in February was those two days, it does lead to the February guy, but it's kind of odd.

I don't know why the sonogram woman would have said January 14-15.  Could she have actually said February 14-15?
I guess my main question, is did you think up the due date of November 4, or did someone medical give you an estimated due date (an EDD) of November 4?  And if so, when did they give it to you, how early in the pregnancy?
The doctor told me my due date was Nov 4. the first day of my last period was Jan 24 not the 28, so that sets everything back a week, in feb i only had sex with the other guy twice & it was the 2nd & 3rd, i got back with my boyfriend & started having sex with him on feb 14 & from then on out. He knows that there is a possibility that it couldn't be his, but it cleared our heads to know that i conceived the 14 or 15 of Jan(by what the sonogram lady said), but i started looking at the baby calenders & conceptions & i said uh oh : /

They gave me my due date on May 9, " 14wk3d "

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at my question!
ii also went to the Doctor yesterday & by the measurement & heartbeat rating i'm up to speed, but i think i'm farther along than what they think i 'am, but i'm also overweight in my pregnancy too. you think by comparing my sonograms to others on the computer it could help?
When the doctor told you that your due date was November 4, at what point in the pregnancy were you, and did he or she give you the due date from looking at the ultrasound?
OK, I see "they gave me my due date on May 9, 14wk3d," which was the date of your ultrasound, correct?  That pretty much rules out them just looking at a calendar and giving you a count based on your last period.

Well, I think you conceived around February 8 - 18.  They saw the actual baby by ultrasound, they did not mess with whether your period was 4 days different than the standard period in the ultrasound's computer; they don't care if you feel like you are farther along, or maybe is it weight.  They measured the actual baby.  You could have gotten pregnant from an errant sperm from the guy on February 3, but it doesn't sound like it.  It sounds like you got pregnant by your boyfriend in February.
Yes that was my ultra sound date, the ultra sound woman gave me a due date of Oct 28, when i got my first ultra sound on May 9 " 14w3d ". I really appreciate all your help Ms. Annie, this is going to help me sleep better.. & not be so mad at myself. thank you so much!!
The ultrasonographer gave you a due date of October 28?  That does change things a lot -- you said the doctor gave you a due date of November 4.  Could you please clarify, at your first ultrasound that you had, what due date did the medical person give you?  Not what you thought about it after you changed the date by a week because of whatever reason, but what did the medical professional who was reading your first ultrasound say was your estimated due date?  
Here is what the conception calculator says for the due date of October 28:  

Probable date of ovulation:  February 4
     Possible dates of conception:  January 31 to February 8

So as you can see, it puts the guy you don't want to be the dad back into the picture.  Again, having an ultrasound at 14 weeks is asking for it to not be precise, giving you plus or minus a week.  I think the chance it is your boyfriend's baby is the strongest, but in your shoes I would get a DNA test once the baby is born just to close the question.