DNA / Paternity Community
Confused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Confused

I am so stressed and scared because I slept with an ex on Dec 29th with protection and had my period about Dec 31ST. My current mate and I had unprotected sex Jan 6th, 9th, and 15. On Feb 22 the ultrasound gave a GA of 6w6ds. But 7w3d from my (what I think was my) LMP. The doctor gave me a due date of 10/8 but then on March 29th said the ultrasound gave an EDD of 10/2. Im really confused as to ive never slept with more than one guy before
For a due date of October 2, the conception calculator says:

Probable date of ovulation:  January 9
      Possible dates of conception:  January 5 to January 13

For a due date of October 8, the conception calculator says:

Probable date of ovulation:  January 15
      Possible dates of conception:  January 11 to January 19

Neither of those seem to implicate anyone you slept with December 29, with protection, before a period.  What scenario are you thinking that is stressing, scaring and confusing you?

Probable date of ovulation:  January 9

Probable date of ovulation:  January 15

I think I may be a little paranoid bc of the guilt. I guess I keep thinking "what if" the condom broke or leaked (although my ex says it didnt and he and i never had intercourse without using protection), "what if" the ultrasounds were wrong or I ovulated early?
So you are saying that probably the condom leaked, AND the ultrasound was wrong, AND the period did not happen?  
I get it. You are trying to make me see how that sounds.. they all can't be wrong. I need to relax
That's right.  Sometimes condoms fail, but how do you overlook a period?  And ultrasounds in the 6th week are quite accurate.  That is a lot of evidence that you should find soothing.

ps -- For what it's worth -- and don't pay attention to the suggestion if it's not true for you -- sometimes people self-identify as "confused" when they are not actually so much confused as resisting what they know.  There is no chance that you would like it if your ex was the dad, is there?
I hope you didn't think that was rude, I am just trying to figure out why all the drama over something that seems straightforward.
LOL no not rude at all. You are 100% correct. I wouldnot want my ex to be the father
My current mate is such a great guy and the little mishap was before we actually starting dating but he doesnt know about it and I just wanted to make sure there was no chance the other guy was. Really want my current boyfriend to be the father
I can't see it being anyone else.
Is there anyone else that has gone through this and how did you break the news of the possibility, or with all the "facts: in my case would you?
Abagail, what is wrong with leaving this alone?  All the evidence points one direction, but you seem to want to increase your own certainty from 99% to 1000%, even if it is at your boyfriend's expense or costs you the relationship.
Sometimes we can't dump our worries on someone else who they will hurt.