DNA / Paternity Community
Date of conception

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Date of conception

I'm wondering if the conception date I have is August 25th and my due date is May 18th, is it possible that someone I had sex with in July is the father?
Well August 25 is the ending so I wouldnt think
For a due date of May 18, the possible conception window is August 21 to 29.  Not any dates in July, nothing even in early August.  (Unless, of course, you had sex with a guy in July and then had sex with him again somewhere between August 21 and 29.)  How did you get the due date, by ultrasound?  If so, you could not be a month off.  Were you thinking sperm can somehow live a month in your system and survive a menstrual period?  No, it can't.
I got the due date by my last period which was Aug 11th and it only lasted 3 days. But I'm 23 weeks now and I've had 2 ultrasounds so they would have seen that I was a month or so early right?
Yes.  When you got your first ultrasound, they also would have assigned a week to the pregnancy (i.e., 6 weeks 5 days or 10 weeks 2 days or whatever).  That date should conform exactly to the first day of your last period, or be close to it.  Doctors begin timing the pregnancy on the first day of bleeding of the last period you had before getting pregnant.
Oh! I was very confused about how it was calculated. Thank you!
i had sex with someone other than my boyfriend on either august 11 or 13th i got my period on august 26-30 i checked into the ER on october 8th and found out i was about 6 weeks i am currently 22 weeks and 1 day is it possible by any chance that it could be the guy i slept with in august baby
It doesn't sound like it.  You had a period after the August 11/13 date, and you would have conceived on September 10 or thereabouts if you were 6 weeks pregnant (counted the medical way) on October 8.