Aa
A
A
Close
Guy A or Guy B?
To cut directly to the topic, my LMP was April 9th. I slept with Guy A on 4/12 (cd4), 4/16 (cd8), and 4/25 (cd17). I slept with Guy B once on 4/18 (cd10). I usually have 29 day cycles. I explained everything to my OB and he said the ultrasound will be able to tell within 5 days of conception. I will have one done in a week and I will be 8 weeks. Any idea of which is most likely the father? My doc thinks guy A but a lot is depending on this and I am a nervous wreck. Thanks for any input...
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578 tn?1483549754
I'd see if you can get in on a cancellation and get an ultrasound this week, not next week.  If your cycles are always and invariably 29 days long (or, if your new period always begins on the 29th day after the last one does) you can be expected to have ovulated on April 24.  But if they are not invariable and not like clockwork, you really have a toss-up.  That's why an ultrasound in the 7th week will be more helpful than in the 8th week. The margin for error begins to come into play after a while and it gets bigger as the pregnancy progresses.  (By your 12th week, the doctor will say "plus or minus 7 days" when giving you an estimated conception date from an ultrasound.)  But in your 7th week the measurements can be spot-on.

The other option is to get a prenatal DNA test from Ravgen or the DDC.  It costs, but then you would know.  If you go that route, test with both men.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
DNA / Paternity Community Resources
Top Pregnancy Answerers
134578 tn?1483549754
Blank
13167 tn?1327197724
Blank
Austin, TX
Blank
4769306 tn?1513206606
Blank
NC