DNA / Paternity Community
HELP on when baby was conceived...who s the dad?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

My last period started 23 OCT ended 30 OCT. I'm in Milano and my so said "dear friend" is from London ( after 4 month of not seeing each other), he showed up at my door steps on 7th Nov & left on 9th Nov, all these 3 days we had lots of sex. End of September, I started dating a nice guy, and had sex once with him on 15th Nov, but he pulled out when he came. I did a test in the morning and came positive.

Now I'm concerned and scared ... I ve done some research and according to me, my London love should be the father. Can someone calm me down or explain to me when was the baby conceived?and who s the father?
I am not so impressed with pregnancy tests that show weeks, because the beta hCG they measure is so variable in pregnancy.  I knew a woman who had twins whose first measurement was only 71, and someone else who had a singleton who reported her first beta hCG measurement was 1,300.  All a home pregnancy test has to go on is the number, and that number is based on averages of a blood hormone level that in actual fact varies really wildly.

That said, I think that unless your menstrual cycles are super long, like five weeks from first day of bleeding to first day of bleeding, the fact that your period came on October 23, and your beloved from London was with you having lots of sex from the 7th to the 9th of November, is almost definitive.  In other words, Sir Lancelot from Britain is in a much more convincing position to be the daddy than Signore Nice Guy, even if Signore had an errant flying sperm when he pulled out.

Get an ultrasound in week 7 (counted from the first day of your last period, not from when you guess conception was), and ask them to confirm your date from the crown-to-rump measurement of the embryo.  Remember that the medical way to count pregnancy is from the first day of your last period, for example, today November 30 you are officially 5 weeks 3 days (and that would be how it is counted no matter which guy is the dad).  So see the doctor in a couple of weeks, and things should be a little clearer.
You said "I  had sex once with him on 15th Nov. ... I did a test in the morning and came positive."  You don't mean on the morning after you had sex with him (i.e., November 16), do you?  If so, don't worry, tests don't measure pregnancy that fast!  If you took a test November 16 and got a positive, it is certainly from earlier than November 15.

If on the other hand, "I did a test in the morning and it came positive," means you did a test *this* morning, (i.e., November 29), it could be either guy.  But the timing points to your London friend due to you having been having sex around the time you presumably ovulated, and you two gave it lots of chances.
I did the test 29 Nov. And I did again a test today, the one that is showing the weeks (CLEARBLUE) and came 3+ .