Home DNA Paternity test concern
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has taken a home DNA test & got a negative result... Then tested with a lab company where you don't swab yourself & mail in the swabs, and gotten a positive result? I've read reviews on a particular test that was used & the reviews are TERRIBLE(some of them).. I have heard of a few people that got results overturned when they went to a more reliable company. This has me baffled because isn't DNA, DNA? Like how can results change just from using a different company?
There is big money to be made in DNA testing, and some labs will cut corners, use fewer markers (they have to test many different markers in the DNA to get an accurate answer) or simply are not well run.  One woman who wrote here actually had spent a lot of money for a prenatal test and they lost her results.  Like any business, some are better than others.

I always recommend someone use a lab recommended by their local family-law court.  The kind that you get at the drugstore and mail in are not certified by the courts for determining paternity.

The only time I would recommend using the home test is if the dates are super clear and there was no other possibility, but the woman was just so nervous that a test would make her feel better.  In that case, obviously the test would come out the right way and she could stop worrying, but if it didn't (because of sloppy lab work) she could then go forward with a certified lab instead.
Have you set up a certified-lab-based DNA test with both guys, yet?  It seems like the only way to get past all of this worry is to test with both guys, so why wait?  All you are going to do is keep stressing.
Yeah Annie some of things I read are scary.. One guy said he tested twice with this same particular test & the first test said he was not the father, he said he couldn't let it rest because his heart felt differently & the child was almost identical to him & their birthmark was even in the same place. He decided to test again with the SAME Home DNA test & got a positive result. Crazy huh?! Another lady whom story I read, stated that she was a VIRGIN at the time she conceived. She got pregnant her first time having sex, used this same test & got a negative result. Of course tested at another lab & got her positive result. This is a huge shock to me because if I wasn't going through this, I swear I would NOT believe it.
Yes Annie, it's actually this week.
Mine was with Identigene but i had no issues with them or getting the results it came back positive and my son looks like my X bf and his other son! I hadnt heard of this I guess thats my X is still swearing my son aint his! What companies did you ladies use? My X isnt in the pic and wont be i was just wondering!!
For the best and most reliable results, use a lab certified by the courts for determining paternity.  I do not know if any mail-in labs have this certification.
It was Identigene..
TY! Im sure the results are right but i understand double checking! However the X has refused any more contact with me and its been 2 yrs so we've just been moving on from everything!