DNA / Paternity Community
I really need your help!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

I really need your help!!!!

I am really upset right now. Let me explain the situation.... My Brother in law's girlfriend is pregnate, and idk if the baby is his. She came from Honduras and arrived here Nov. 29 2012 of course they did the nasty, blah blah, well on the 3rd of Jan. 2013 She was having abdominal Pain so I took her to the hospital, where they gave her a Ultrasound. WELL... according to the ultrasound she was 8 weeks and 1 day pregnate.... So I am like WHAT???? anyways I tell my husband and I call my husband's cousin who came with her, from Honduras...So the cousin tells me that the girlfriend did indeed sleep with 2 different men, on her way here.... SO I felt obligated to tell my Bro in law, needless to say he is upset and confused, she is mad at me and unfortunately doesn't believe the cousin.. So IDK what to do or think... I would love to find out that the baby is his, but I really don't see how it can be.........Was I wrong? Can the baby be his? Please tell me ASAP!!!!!
It sounds like conception would have been around November 21, if a January 3 ultrasound said 8w1d.  An ultrasound date of 8 weeks means about 6 weeks since conception, because the ultrasound dates things from the first day of the last period, not from conception.  But, it still doesn't bring the date forward to November 29.  If your brother-in-law was with her earlier, he could still be a candidate.

A DNA test is the only way to handle this.  I'm sorry you got into the middle of it, but it is something the guy needs to know is on the table.  Now I think I would try backing out.  It's his business now, not yours.
I don't see the baby being your brother n laws. Especially if shes been here for only a little over a month and the baby measures at 8 weeks. Maybe the baby is growing faster than expected? I guess only a dna test will give u the positive answer u need.
8 weeks back from January 3rd is November 15the so idk if your brother was with her than. I'm not to sure about the whole ovulating nd all that stuff. maybe you can just try talking to your brother about the situation, it would hurt him alot less to hear it about now rather than going through the entire pregnancy thinking it's his.

Now that's a trip!!!.. I think a DNA test would be the best resolution to this situation. But he will get all into the bby toi meanwhile she preggo. So its kindda difficult specially if the girl is pushing it or putting in his head that is his. Cuz theres some females thaf do that to guys and the bbys ain't even theirs which thats just not nice because bbys dnt go nuthng to do with our mistakes.... Good Luck to him. Hopefully this will get solved ASAP. And dnt hessitate to much if U preggo is not goid for U...
Thank you for your comment, it really makes me feel better, I did tell him all that I know and understand, about this situation. So, I feel more confident that I did the right thing :)