Is he definitely the father?
Hi there,

I'm not really proud of this but my lmp started on 25/08/12 and that same day I had sex with one of my friends, however, a couple of days later I met some and we slept together for the first time on 01/09/2012 and then also the following weekend. I then found out on 25/9 I was pregnant - I took a clear blue test which said I had conceived 2-3 weeks before which would've taken me back to approx 4th and this was also the same date I got from conception calculators. At my first ultrasound they gave me a due date of 31/05/13 which if you put into conception calculators gives me a conception date of 7/9/12. Anyway, I worked out the 2nd guy (my bf) to be the father as the first one I slept with was on the first day of my lmp and surely I wouldn't ovulate that early or my dates be out by that much? I have regular cycles between 26/28 days

Do you think I am right, I am just getting very paranoid

Your feedback would be appreciated
Hi, Gracey, it does not sound like there is a chance it would be the friend's baby, but I'd be glad to confirm your figuring.  Could you give a couple of pieces of information you didn't mention here?  One is you said you and your now boyfriend slept together on September 1, 2012 "and the following weekend," what date would that be, the 7th?  Also, you said your first ultrasound gave the due date of May 31, 2013.  When was that ultrasound done?  In what week of pregnancy were you?

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply - it was the 9th that I slept with him again. The ultrasound was done on 14th November which made me 11 weeks and 5 days - I've heard they were pretty accurate up to 12 weeks?

I didn't have sex on 7th but I did hear that sperm could live up to 7 days and I don't know if this helps but my bf said he is very fertile - he already has 2 children and I know he has nearly had more.

And I assume that all the sex mentioned was unprotected?  
Yer It was - I'm not proud :-(
Well, just be glad you didn't get an STD along with a baby.  I assume you got swabbed?

It does sound like all roads lead to Rome, in this case, your boyfriend. Dates from an ultrasound in the 11th week might be off by one or two days, but an ultrasound in the first trimester would never confuse a baby conceived around August 25 as being from September 7, or vice versa.  The most telling reason it would not be from Mr. Friend instead of Mr. Boyfriend is that Mr. Friend was on the first day of your period.  But even if that were not true, the two-week gap is enough to rule out the first guy.

It's your boyfriend's baby; don't be paranoid about that.  Facing the challenges of raising a child from a man who has two other kids already and some other close calls, seems like more than enough for one woman to worry about.  ;)

(((HUGS))), Annie
I have been tested for all and thankfully no STDs - also lesson learned to be more careful in the future :-)

Thank you so much for your reply - you have lifted a massive weight of my shoulders! I know it will be a challenge but I'm sure we will get there :-)

Thanks again!

Grace
Take care.  If you're in Britain, at least there is a bit of a support net for single moms; you should be able to get through.  Congratulations, you're going to be a mommy!  That is a great thing.

Annie