DNA / Paternity Community
Please Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to questions about DNA/paternity. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Please Help!

I broke up with my boyfriend in early february and had unprotected sex with another man a few weeks later. I took the plan B pill the next day after sex with the other man and got my period the following week as I was supposed to. I got back together with my boyfriend and ended up pregnant. My boyfriend would be the father of the baby I'm pregnant with, right?
Avatar n tn
Sounds like it but to be sure i would get a DNA test done
i think so , as you took the pill and it does what it does :) , i really think it is your boyfriends :) x
In a perfect world yes....but I know of at least 3 women that the plan B has failed. It will be hard but I agree with jetbprincess, a DNA test would really be the only way to tell for sure. Stay strong and I hope it ends in your favor.
^ agree
You need to be honest with your boyfriend just explain that your 100% but out of respect for him you want a test. So he can trust you.
Have you had any ultrasounds?  If so, when in the pregnancy were they, and did they give you an estimated due date?
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the responses.
I did have an ultrasound when I was 10 weeks 4 days and the ultrasound tech told me I'm measuring a little bigger - 11 weeks 2 days. The tech told me the due date was nov 20. She thought I was wrong about my last period, but I track it religiously. I also don't have a "regular" 28 day cycle - my cycle is 31 days. The tech did day they can be off by a week or so.
My doctor said based on my last period my due date would be nov 25. I'm not sure if I should worry about a 5 day change, but the measuring big worries me. I've been googling the due date and ultrasound not matching, but not finding much.
Generally speaking doctors will go with what is seen on the ultrasound over the woman's first day of her last period, since women often ovulate either a bit early or a bit late in they cycle, but an ultrasound sees and measures the actual baby.  If your due date was calculated as November 20 as early as your first trimester, you can pretty much count on it being no more than a few days off.  (Don't do that later, as babies grow at different rates, but it is pretty reliable that early.)

For a due date of November 20, the conception calculator says

Probable date of ovulation:  February 27
Possible dates of conception:  February 23 to March 3

Avatar n tn
Those dates of possible conception make sense that it would be my boyfriend's as we had sex on march 1 and 3.