DNA / Paternity Community
Prenatal paternity testing question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Prenatal paternity testing question

Hi, i am in a situation i could never have imagined.  I was dating someone for awhile and we broke up in the end of october.  I was really hurt and basically ended up having a one night stand on 11/11.  My ex came back in the picture within a matter of days and our relationship took off again.  I had only had two periods in the last year, since i was still breastfeeding my baby and hadn't regulated yet.  On 01/04, i took a pregnancy test and it was positive.  I couldn't remember the exact date my last period started, so i called CVS and they looked up the last time i bought tampons with my extracare card.  It was on 11/06.  I bought a jumbo box and there are only two left, so i am assuming that must have been near the start of my period.  And i usually have it for 5-7 days.  My due date is august 11th, so i believe i ovulated around 11/18.  However, i was really nervous about paternity with it being so close and informed both guys.  What makes it especially tough is that my one night stand was black and my boyfriend was white.  Not a problem for me - i'll have to live with whatever repercussions occur, but i have 3 kids - two of which are older (7 and 9) and i can't imagine going through a pregnancy telling them the baby is the white guys and have it come out not to be.  This is going to be a tough enough discussion already without knowing paternity.  Anyway, I found a company called DNA plus online and paid $1249 to have prenatal paternity testing done.  I only sent in my blood and a swab from the guy i was dating, as i haven't really talked to the black guy since he offered to drive me to the abortion clinic.  I was totally prepared for it to come back as my exes, but it came back excluding him. With the dates, i was almost certain it was.  To complicate things further, the black guy told me he had a vasectomy in the end of september.  He never went and had sperm counts done like he was supposed to, but from doing research, supposedly if they have ejaculated 15-20 times since the vasectomy, all of the sperm should be cleared out of the tubes.  I also googled the company that i used for the prenatal test and have found a bunch of people who got wrong results from them.  Has anyone had experience with this company?  What is your opinion of paternity based on my dates?  Thanks in advance for your help!!  I'm freaking out here!
I feel u my boyfriend white and my ex black I told them I think it's my white boys baby but he says its the black guy smfh guess ill see even thought I think its my white boys baby lol hope u find out
Ya, it's a crazy situation.  The black guy already has 3 kids by 3 different women and in no way wants another.  He wants absolutely nothing to do with the situation.  The guy i was dating is much younger than me and has no kids. He wasn't crazy about possibly being the father since we are no longer together, but i know he would stand up and help physically and financially.  I am so lost.  That's another reason i was hoping the prenatal paternity test would help out.  But with all the crappy reviews on this company and the technology being fairly new with using maternal blood to isolate fetal DNA, i'm more confused than ever.
Yeah plus its so expensive,  wow my ex the black guy has 3 kids and said the same my bf doesn't have kids he wants it to be his baby but we tried for 8 months and didn't get pregnant idk why not when I slip up I get pregnant but I went to a card reader she said the dad was white so idk its crazy
It's funny you said that because my one of my friends moms is a psychic. She came to visit the other day and i ended up telling her the whole story because i really can't tell my family until i figure this out and i needed to get it off my chest.  She said the baby belongs to the guy i was dating.  Obviously i can't bank on a psychic for paternity, but it's funny you mentioned that.  Good luck with your situation.  What are your dates with the guys?  Did you have an ultrasound yet?  If so, how does it line up and what does your doctor think?
I did find out from the prenatal test that the baby is a boy.  I have heard that sperm that carry female dna can last up to 5 days, but swim slower. Whereas sperm that carry male dna die within 3 days but swim faster.  Not sure how true that is, but with the dates being so close, if it's true, it points even more in the direction of the guy i was dating.   Would a 3D ultrasound be able to pinpoint the date more accurately?
That's very true on the sperm life of a boy and girl... it all took place in October the first day of period was the 13 it ended about the 16.. had sex with my ex "black guy" the 17 we used a condom but it did pop! Then I got back with my bf the "white guy" the 22 and had sex every day I never saw my period again as of today I should be 17w 5day but that's from lmp so idk hope its a boy and I really think it is..I really hope its my bf but its strange I get pregnant now we tried for 8 months nothing so im kinda nervous but I only feel comfortable being around my bf pregnant not the black guy my ex...so wut do u think or its too close?
I'm not sure.  All this stuff with dates - dates of conception, fertility dates, ovulation dates; soooo confusing.  I've entered my dates into a bunch of different ovulation calculators and get different results from almost every one.  But for you, if you ended the 16th, had sex with the black guy on the 17th - from everything i have read, i would think it couldn't be his.  Everything seems to say you don't ovulate right away after your period ends, it's something like 12 days from the the first day of your last period.  What does your doctor think?  As far as taking awhile to get pregnant, with my last, we tried for a year.  The morning we were supposed to go see a fertility specialist, i got a positive pregnancy test.  Not sure why it took so long.  With my first two, we thought about getting pregnant and it seemed like it happened.  Not sure what the issue was with #3.  
Your right good luck kit♡