DNA / Paternity Community
Sex with two guys in one week

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Sex with two guys in one week

i had my LMP JAN 18 slept with my X jan 29 , And  with my current bf Feb 1 had like 4 hours of reconciliating sex which was the day I ovulated now im prego. dr said I conceived feb 1 but im not sure whos the dad? any help??
That's a tough one because its so close
Your date of conception depends on the day the egg and the sperm meet. Sperm can live up to 7 days inside a woman. A woman ovulates approximately two weeks after the last menstral period. Thats all I can tell you. Good luck.
you're probably going to need to do a paternity test once the baby is born.
I know ive read a lot though and it say most of the time the sperm dies at about the second to third day I order for it to stay alive it has to be like a very healthy and perfect conditioned situation but also read that its harder for the weak sperm to break through the eggs outer layer rather than the fresh sperm im going crazy and definitely don't want to loose my bf over this matter
When the sex is only 2 days apart and both were unprotected, the swimmers of both guys were in your reproductive tract at the same time.  There's no way to sort it out, even with an early ultrasound.  Too close in days.

Have you told your boyfriend there is this chance?  If not, the time to do so is now.  After all, you were broken up, when you had sex with the other guy.  Hard as that sounds to do, it is worse for him to learn all of this AND that you've kept it a secret from him for a long time, than it is to learn all of this as soon as you know it.  At least it shows him you are not adding dishonesty and evasion to the dilemma.  (Did he have sex with anyone else when you were broken up?)

Even if you simply can't bring yourself to tell your boyfriend, you are still going to need a DNA test when the baby is born.  That means doing it with the other guy if you won't fess up to Mr. Boyfriend.  Will the other guy do one?  (You'll need to go to a certified lab and witness that it is actually him doing the swab so he doesn't send a buddy with his I.D.)  And if you go to the other guy and tell him you need to do a DNA test with him because you're pregnant and the baby might be his, will the secret keep?  Or will he blab this interesting information to his best friend sworn to secrecy, who might then blab it to someone else sworn to secrecy, and so forth?  If you think the secret won't keep -- and assume the worst on this -- it would be a whole lot worse for your relationship for Mr. Boyfriend to learn it from the grapevine than from you.
but do you think the older sperm was as strong after 3 days than the new sperm ?
Sperm can actually last 4-5 days in *good healthy conditions* and still be as strong as new sperm,,but chances are that if you were cleaning properly and *NOT DOUCHING* you show be most positive that its your BFs baby,,but my theory is that maybe the older sperm had a winning chance because it had better luck catching the egg than the fresh sperm,,so there is a higher chance that the baby might be your exs ..
flaki, one of the ladies on this forum a while back got pregnant by someone she had sex with 6 days before ovulating.  It probably is unusual, but often where there's a sperm, there's a way.  

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't advise investing a lot of hope in the theory that all three-day sperms are going to lose out to new ones.  Two reasons come to mind that what you are saying is not that reassuring:
1) you don't know when you ovulated -- you might have been pregnant by the time you had all of that great reconciliation sex with your boyfriend; and 2) Have you read up on gender selection using timing?  It's based on the fact that the x's swim fast and die out sooner and the y's swim slower but last longer.  You're supposed to have sex and then refrain for three days, if you want a girl.  They wouldn't be writing books on that method if all three-day old spermies are weak, old sperm that cannot penetrate the egg.  

I'm sorry, but I think you're going to have to make your decisions knowing it's about 50/50 of a chance that either guy is the dad, maybe 55/45 but not much more.
I was not douching, and I was also at that time using vaginal cream ointment so im not sure if any of that can affect those sperm cells because at that time I was using Clotrimazole so im not sure if that would have anything to do and the dr told me I conceived feb 1 :/ idk what to think or do anymore I really want it to be my bf
during that week of the 29th I also had a yeast infection and Bacterial vaginosis that I was was not aware of until afterwards is tht considered a healthy environment for the  sperm to live in ? and im sorry if im asking to much its just really hard for me right now to clear all this up
If yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis would kill sperm, a whole lotta woman would not come up with accidental pregnancies.  I'm sorry, flaki, but just because you *want* something to be some way, it does not mean you can invent a whole bunch of far-out theories to prove it is that way.  Hey, maybe it is your boyfriend's.  But you are just going to have to do a DNA test to know.  There are prenatal DNA tests that can be done, but please do your research, some of them are absolutely not worth the money, for all the inaccuracies they produce.  A couple of the companies have good enough names.  That said, the prenatal tests are much more expensive than ones done after the baby is born, and so when you add that the ones done later are more accurate, you might not want to go that route.
I went in for an u.s and they said i was about 5 weeks no yolk sac no fetalpole and no heart beAt.. Anyone know what that means ?
Are u prego or not? And annie my due date is july 20 so my bf now is deff the father not my ex we were right he jus be confusing me because I told him the truth hes the nervous on.. and its crazy because the baby has his profile already lol

Remember?  Lmp oct13-16 had sex with ex 17th and current bf 22nd and so long..if my due date is the 20th of july my ovulation was the 27th of oct and. Im having a boy!
They said you are at 5 weeks 0 days?  That's pretty early to see much.  Did they base their count on your first day of your last period, or on what they were seeing on the screen?  

Two things you can do at 5w0d.  One is wait two weeks and have another ultrasound.  By 7w0 days, a whole lot is visible on the screen, that if you just had ovulated one or two days later than average in your cycle won't be visible now.  The other is to get two beta hCG tests, i.e., blood pregnancy tests that give you a measurement, 48 hours apart.  Get the kind that give you a number, not just a yes/no on the question of being pregnant.  If your numbers double in 48 hours, that tells you the pregnancy is progressing normally, no matter what they saw in the early ultrasound.

It is not unusual at 5w0d to see not very much.
well they told me based on my lmp because they didn't see anything on the u/s so can that mean im actually less time along? that makes me think more it is my b/f mg all this is soo stressful and thank you annie for all your help
and the day of the ultrasound the papers say 5 1/7 weeks
I would avoid developing a theory that since they didn't see anything on the ultrasound at 5 weeks 0 days or 5 weeks 1 day, it must mean the dad is the later guy of the two.  If the fact that they didn't see much at 5 weeks is bothering you in terms of whether there is a problem with the pregnancy, get a pair of beta hCG tests 48 hours apart and see if your levels are rising appropriately.  You can do those any time.  On the other hand, if you are mainly concerned about dating, get another scan in two weeks at 7 weeks 1 day, a super time to see what is going on and not too late to be useful for trying to assess the date.
Ive been reading over and over the results of the u/s it just does not make sense to me it says at 5 weeks 1 day the sac was 3 mm with no yolk sac no fetal pole and no heart beat. can I be less time along or is it right or is it non viable idk what to think?
Yes, you could be less far along than you thought or you could have a non-viable pregnancy, both are possible.  Best bet is to take two beta hCG tests 48 hours apart, to see if your rate of rise is near doubling.
so I went in for my 2 u/s today according to the lady im 6 weeks 4 days and she says it looks like conceive date of feb 2. The u/s icture shows a length of 0.554cm ... does anyone know any frther info on sizing and timing?
If today is 6 weeks 4 days, I get February 1 for conception. not February 2, which suggests the sperm of both guys was in your reproductive tract at the same time.  Either February 1 or 2 put you in range for either guy.  I guess the only thing I could suggest is, if a later ultrasound (your 18th week or more) tells you the gender, if it is a girl, it is probably from your ex, and if it is a boy it is most likely from your boyfriend.  I know that doesn't help when you want to know now.

Have you told your bf there is a chance of this baby not being his?  And if you are not willing to, have you talked to your ex about getting a quiet DNA test?  (And if you did, would the secret keep if he is not the dad?)  If you want to do one of the super-expensive prenatal tests, pm me and I'll tell you what ones are considered most reliable, some are rip-offs.
well I don't think its a big chance of being my x because I don't think the sperm would really have gotten up there since it was super fast then I got up rinsed out and plus have a very active lifestyle I mean idk but if its its a  good chance of it staying in there after being up and walking all day using vaginal ointments and horse back riding and it never happened in 3 years I don't think it would happen that one time but it sounds a little odd but anyways yea the tech had said first 6 weeks 2 dys then said 6 weeks 4 days and yea she told me it looks conceived feb 2. so its really confusing but I did speak to my x about it and he doesn't mind at all. and no I have not told my bf he would be heart broken  and  I really don't want to loose him so im just hoping for the best and waiting too see what happens. I tried looking up prenatal dna testing but are super expensive like 1500 so idk what else I can do
and btw I have 29 day cycles lately that's why it gives me a conception day of feb 2
update had a 13 week ultrasound and its a boy ...