DNA / Paternity Community
Thoughts on the father

This patient support community is for discussions relating to questions about DNA/paternity. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Thoughts on the father

I posted my situation on here awhile back - tried to find the old post to add this on, but had no luck.  I had my first actual prenatal appt on 02/18.  My doctor reviewed my ultrasound from planned parenthood and put me at 15 weeks, 1 day on the day of my appointment - with a due date of 08/11/13.  When the woman from planned parenthood had read the results from the same ultrasound (done on 01/07) she put me at 9 weeks, 4 days with a due date of 08/08/13.  So two people evaluating the same ultrasound are 3 days off.  Which may not seem like much, but in my case it may be enough.  So if i go by what the OB said, and used a due date of 08/11/13, i am wondering where you think the greater possibility lies for paternity given the following dates:
Guy one: the wee hours of November 12th (like @ 3am)
Guy two: November 18th
Due Date:  August 11th
LMP:  not sure, i was still nursing my baby and had only had 2 in the last year - best guess was that it started between the 2nd-4th of november
And the baby is a boy; from what i learned i believe male sperm die within 3 days as opposed to females that can last 5 days.
I understand a DNA test will have to be done anyway since it is so close, but with these new dates, what are your educated guesses?  Thanks in advance for your time.
If your due date is in fact August 8:

Estimated date of ovulation -- November 15
        Range of possible conception dates -- November 11-19

If your due date is actually August 11:

Estimated date of ovulation -- November 18
        Range of possible conception dates -- November 14-22

If you slept with the two candidates on November 12 and November 18, both are in range since the ultrasound is a little late for pinpoint accuracy.  If you had had a 7 or 8 week ultrasound, you could be more confident.

I'm sorry but nothing (blood type, baby's gender, etc.) except a DNA test will be able to give you an accurate answer at this point.  
Without Dna its a 50/50 chance coz of many variables especially since you don't have lmp. And even with a lmp its even difficult coz there are some time overlaps.