DNA / Paternity Community
Which is the father?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Which is the father?

Hello all. From about October 2012-January 2013 and the end of March 2013, I was seeing someone other than my current boyfriend, who was my ex at the time. I am currently 30 weeks and two days along with a due date of December 4. I had sex with both of them in March. My LMP was February 27th, with my next period estimated at March 24th, as I usually have a 25 day cycle on average, which would have made my ovulation date 3/10. So my BF (who was still my ex at the time) and I had sex on the dates 3/9, 3/11, 3/12, and 3/13. I missed my period on 3/24. On 3/24 and 3/26, I had sex with the other guy. I waited until cycle day 30, March 28th, to see if I would get my period. When I didn't, I took a test. I had a positive on March 30th. I had my first ultrasound on April 18th which dated me 7w1d, which lines up with my LMP and my due date. All my measurements are perfect for being 30 weeks along.  I feel like my common sense tells me which is the father but I've been freaking out the closer I get to my due date. I know the stress isn't good for my son. I have no contact with the other guy and haven't since April and my BF and been doing pretty well at building our relationship back up. I want to know what you all think.
Its ur boyfriend
There's no 100% way to tell other than a DNA test but.....being that you had missed your period 3/24 and had a positive test on 3/30 it is highly unlikely that you got pregnant by the second person from having sex on 3/24 and 3/26 I would say its the first one. Are you planning on getting a DNA test done?
Get a dna test once baby come just to be sure
No I'm not, because I feel that it's my bf's.
But you don't know for sure sweetie.  So a DNA test would be best .
I would say do it just for peace of mind and in the case that you and boyfriend get into it that's one less thing he throw up in your face if he know of the situation
But would an egg was released on March 10 still be viable on March 24th? Ugh. My bf doesn't know about this. I don't feel that he ever has to know since I feel like my son is his.
Sorry but we cant tell u 100% who the father is.
I'm almost 100% sure its not your current boyfriends baby. If you got a positive on the 30th and had sex with your now boyfriend only 6 days before that you wouldn't show up. You missed you period cause you were already pregnant sweetie. I suggest you do a DNA if you still think its your bfs but i don't think it is.
I think its the boyfriend but i wish u the best it ***** to have to sit with those questions
My current boyfriend isn't the one I had sex with 6 days before my test. My current boyfriend is the one I had sex with in my ovulation window in the beginning of March.
I know. I wanted opinions.
Hi, Shield, I guess because of the subject matter, you were bumped over to DNA/Paternity.  You say you aren't going to get a DNA test because you're sure the baby is your boyfriend's, but you still want opinions?  If you are sure enough not to get a DNA test, I don't know why you want opinions -- that is pretty dang sure -- but if you want an opinion I'll give one.  

It sounds like you are concerned only about the sex on the 24th or 26th, just about when your period was due, producing the pregnancy that was detected with a home test on the 30th.  (In other words, you didn't have any sex with that 24th guy earlier in the same cycle.)  In my opinion, that is about the least likely time in your cycle to have ovulated.  That said, there is a (very scant) possibility that the sex on the 24th might have hit a (very late) ovulation, produced an embryo and embedded, in time to stop your period from coming.  Not a very good possibility, maybe one in ten thousand.  If your cycles are ever irregular, it would be a slightly better possibility but still very lousy odds that is what happened.

It does sound like your boyfriend's baby and that you were pregnant earlier than the 24th.  If you would like to stop wondering, you could check your boyfriend's early baby pictures against baby pix of your baby in the same pose, after the baby is born.  Check photos against photos, not photo to live baby.  Similarities really show up in the early weeks.

I would get a DNA test if the photos didn't show the least resemblance.  Even then, I would do one only to stop having to wonder, not because I really believed the 24th guy was the dad.