DNA / Paternity Community
Who Is The Father?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Who Is The Father?

I am 21 weeks pregnant & I'm pretty sure on who the father of my baby is but their is still some doubt. I don't know the exact end date of my last period, but I do know that I was on my period on August 3rd 2012. But also on that day me and my ex boyfriend messed around, his penis was out,  but my shorts, panties, & tampon were on & we dry-humped, there was some moisture coming down my leg but I think it was because I was horny and I don't believe he nutted, But then on Sept. 2 2012 Me & My current boyfriend did have sex and we didn't get to finish but I do believe he precame, I just had my second trimester ultrasound and they said I'm 5 months pregnant!! I really want my current bf to be the father..
Can you dig up the first ultrasound you had, and give the date on it (i.e., September 21) and the number of weeks pregnant they said you were on that date (i.e., 9 weeks 3 days)?  It should be pretty easy to tell what is going on from that ultrasound, if your potential dads are a month apart.  If you don't have the first one, get out the earliest one you do have.  Please be specific ... "I just had my second trimester ultrasound" -- (yesterday? Last week?) and "I'm 5 months pregnant" --  (20 weeks? 22 weeks?) aren't going to be definitive to answer your question.  It would be especially helpful to have those numbers from your earliest ultrasound.
Sorry for being clearer. Well due to insurance I wasn't allowed to get an ultraound, but when that finally got settled om the day of Jan. 15, 2013 I got my first ultrasound and it stated tjat I was 20 weeks and 5 days pregnant.. I hope thia helps
Thanks, Missy, it does help.  With a 20-week or 21-week ultrasound you can't be as pinpoint with the accuracy as if it were a 7- or 8-week ultrasound, but you can get to an intelligent guess.  Did they give you an estimated due date from that ultrasound?  (Also, did you continue to have sex with the present boyfriend after the date you named, I assume?)  Finally, is there any factor that would cause your baby to grow more slowly than average or faster than average?  
The Estimated Due Date Was May 30th, & I do not believe thar their is anything that would make my baby grow faster, the lady who did my ultrasound said everything was great & that my baby was normal, me & my current boyfriend didn't start having regular sex until December because had to go to basic training
Well, the ultrasound and the estimated due date rule out the guy on August 3.  Did you have a period after the guy on August 3 but before the guy on September 2?  Because this is the way your due date plays out on a conception calculator:

First day of last menstrual period:  August 23, 2012
Probable date of ovulation:  September 6, 2012
Possible dates of conception:  September 2 to September 10, 2012
Due date:  May 30, 2013 (40 weeks)

Even if the period doesn't entirely compute for you, since they have seen and measured the baby and given you that estimated due date, you aren't going to be much further back than early September.
I Don't Remember Having  Another Menstrual Cycle After The Aug. 3 incident, But I Believe That Was Because I Started & Stopped Taking Nuva Ring Before Sept 2... ..& Thanks By The Way For The Help & Not Giving Me Rude Answers :)
I save the rude answers for other forums.  lol    Seriously, if the only time you ever had sex with the guy you don't want to be the dad was August 3, and all other events (sex and near sex) were with the guy you want, I would say the ultrasound is pretty definitive.  It won't confuse a 20- or 21-week baby with a 24- or 25-week baby.
I hope this helps my due date is May 30 & I conceived Sept 6th