DNA / Paternity Community
Who is my baby's daddy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Who is my baby's daddy?

Okay so many of y'all know my situation and are all probably annoyed by all of my questions, lol I'm sorry I just don't have anyone to talk to about this and I need help. The first day of my LMP was Feb 23, I had sex with my bf on March 3rd and he finished inside me. (I make it clear that we were not together at the time but we were before our break up in a 3 year fully committed relationship) then after we had sex we stopped talking again and me being hurt and all I've always been the type that feels better with attention (I hate that about myself but my dad never gave me the attention I needed from a man) anyways, I slept with another guy on March 9th (my supposed ovulation day) then a month later I find out I'm pregnant so of course the first person I tell is my ex (now bf) because he was the only one that came to mind and he automatically thought it was his and asked no questions and I myself believed it until his mom asked for a DNA test since I had hurt him once before and he decided to put it behind us and keep strong but she still never forgot, I don't blame her. I never cheated though it was something else. So I guess then the other guy came back to mind and I been freaking out. So according to numbers I was wondering if each of yall who are willing if yall can do the math (I've already done it myself) but tell me what yall get. In all honesty PLEASE. like I said I had sex with my bf March 3rd and sex with the other guy March 9th, my LMP was Feb 23 (I'm not sure when it ended because I can't really tell when my period ends Idk if I count the brown left over blood or just the heavy days) and I've only jotted down my last 3 periods which have been Dec 25 Jan 25 and Feb 23 I'm not sure if those numbers are needed but your answers will definitely help in my decision on what to do. So please be honest with what you get, who's my baby daddy? Thanks in advance.
When are they saying your conceived date was? Usually this app will tell ya. Like my last period was March 7th. I "conceived" on March 21st. (exactly 2 weeks later) So okay if your last period was Feb. 23rd about 2 weeks later your slept with your boyfriend on March 3rd. So saying you conceived 2 weeks later exactly it would have been the 8th of March the day before you even slept with the other guy. I PERSONALLY would say it's your boyfriends. Did you decide to keep the baby?
I still think it's your boyfriends baby, but like I said on another question you posted, there is always still that chance since you slept with them so close together, but I really really believe it is your boyfriend's baby.
I agree with smileyone. There is always that possibility it could be the other guys, but i also really think its your boyfriends!
I'm in a similar sitjation mama, but I had my lmp between partners. Partners were ten days apart. I did my math based on every scenario, every calculator there is online, and posted here a lot too... every answer was one guy in particular. Even early ultrasound dating scan points to the same guy. I'm 35 wks now, with all that info I STILL obsess over it. I'm STILL terrified. I know what you're feeling it is so scary not knowing. As my date approaches I feel as scared as ever. This has been 8 months of me torturing myself. Pleas
This app says I conceived March 8th. But it could be off? And when I went on this website for the conception calculator and it said I conceived between March 4 and 12th :(
e don't do that to yourself! Enjoy your pregnancy. I agree with the others, its your boyfriends baby. Let go of the mistake and close that chapter of your life. We all make mistakes. Just learn from it, enjoy your fiancee and baby to be. Good luck
It all depends on the date you ovulated. Some women ovulate at different points after their periods. Remember that sperm can live inside you for a day or so.
Did you have a dating scan??
I'm so scared I don't know what to do :'( on the bright side I got a phone call a sec ago from the other guy saying if its his he wants to take care of us. Only problem with that is, I don't want him :'(
What's a dating scan?
Yeah it will say you conceived the 8th because its exactly 2 weeks later. Maybe you could ask your doctor to see if he has some advice on it. Basically all you can do is wait to see and have a DNA test done. We can't really tell you who exactly it is, all we can do is guesstimate on when you would have conceived just like anyone else. Try to enjoy your pregnancy and just think about your baby.
(:
I know you are scared hun, but even if it turns out the baby isn't your fiance's then at least you know the other guy wants the baby and you can give him full custody if you want to.
Also have you told your boyfriend that it could possibly be some body else's yet?
I had an early ultrasound at 7 wks,  the earlier it is the more accurate.... based on your lmp and the measurements of the baby you can kind of get a better idea of conception window.... :/ no matter whose child it is, the definite thing is its your blessing.... don't beat yourself up you will go crazy. I know its hard but if you want a 100% answer you have to wait til baby is here. :(
It's really hard to say from the dates, the guys are just too close together, and it's impossible for anybody to tell you exactly when it happened. All I can say is honesty and a DNA test are your best options. You have two guys willing and ready to be good dads, it's more than a lot of women get.
Thanks yall I will definitely talk to my doc about it and no I haven't and I don't think I would give my baby to this guy, he teaches his girlfriends daughter cuss words its so sad. I hope its my boyfriends but Idk I'm worried because we had unprotected sex for the whole 3 years we were together and I never got pregnant until now but I also did with that other guy that is also why I think its not my bfs. At least I have this other guys cooperation in getting DNA tested before I give birth if I decide to keep it.
On April 23rd I had my first appointment. Doc said I was exactly 8w4d
Since yur bfs mom is askin for a dna test, whatre yu gonna do if its the other guys? Yea it could be yur bfs but if yu ovulated the day yu had sex with that other guy, it could be his. More so than yur bfs.
I wish yu luck
That's what the other guy asked me and I said abort.
But if you don't tell your fiance that there is chance that it could belong to someone else and then all of sudden you aren't pregnant anymore, he is going to be suspicious.
I've been telling him that I've been cramping just incase I decide to do that. He thinks he's funny by telling me that I'm just constipated -_-
I thought of that, that your boyfriend is definitely going to be suspicious and your going to have to lie like crazy. I also wonder if you could really feel that way and get an abortion just because the baby doesn't belong to the "right" guy, maybe you're right and you should put motherhood on hold. I hate to say that, because on a personal level I can't even imagine getting an abortion. I know you're in a hard place, but your decision-making right now isn't very motherly, so maybe you're not ready for it at all. Having a baby is about the baby, not about us, our feelings, or our relationships...at least I think it should be.
With 8wk4days on april 23 wouldn't that put conception at march 4th roughly??? If I remember correctly the margin of error for an 8wk scan is +-2 days with an experienced ultrasound tech?? Google it hun.... might make you feel better or better informed...
Your absolutely right, I agree with you 100% I'm also scared to be a bad mom I don't want to be a bad mom I've cried so much because of that as well, I'm not ready and I should have kept my legs shut. This poor baby, I don't even know what life to give it. I'm emotionally unstable and I think that is worse than being any other type of instability. I hate to admit all of this but I just want to make the right decision and I'm scared of everything, always have been.
I agree with mamabear0612. This should be about the baby. Abortion is a big decision and I can't imagine myself ever getting one, no matter what situation I would be in. You have 2 men wanting to be apart of this baby's life, and no matter who the father is, the baby will be loved no matter what. Like I said before, if it turns out not to be your boyfriends baby, I'm sure the other man would be more than happy to take the baby and raise him/her. Just because he teaches his girlfriends child to cuss doesn't mean that he will do it with his own child. A baby changes a man, either for the good or for the worse, but I believe that no matter who the baby's father is, he/she will have a good life. Enjoy your pregnancy.
Thank you Marisha I will do that!!
We're all scared on some level, at least I am, it's a scary thing becoming a mom. On top of that, you're in a hard situation in which you feel you can't even be truthful. I think truth is really the best option, whatever you end up doing you're going to have a hard time carrying that secret for the next 50 years. Good luck, no matter what...and you can be whatever kind of mom you want to be, life is about choices and whatever choice you make, you'll be whatever kind of mom you choose to be, whether that's good or bad.
Thank you smiley and mamabear. I will try my hardest to do what is right, for my baby not for me. Thank you all for helping me, supporting me, even lecturing me because I needed it.
Remember if you ever need anyone to talk to you can always private message me on here and I'll try to get back to you as quick as possible :) I wish you all the best of luck with everything :) *hugs*
I would be going with your b/f as well, and I still think if your going to have a dna test done and then abort if its noty your b/f you should have the cvs done as late abortions ie 16+ wks  are just awful
Thank you all and yes I will possibly do the CVS
Hi there... Deciding whether to keep your child because you are unsure of the father is very sad.  Since I've been pregnant I've done a lot of research while im pregnant. There is an alarming number of women who can't conceive, had several miscarriage and would love to get pregnant more than anything.  Not sure if you are aware but after an abortion your chances of conceiving again  is slim.  I'm not sure what your financial situation is like but if you have to do it alone so be it....you'll have you little bundle of joy.  Life doesn't always turn out as we plan. You may decide to terminate the pregnancy and later can conceive. You may decide to keep the child hoping its your bf's and it end up being and you guys split up down the road.  You're  very fortunate that the other guy will be supportive.  Hang on to what youve got.
Thank you, you all have made me make up my mind. I am going to keep my baby and just give it the best I can and anyone in my life who are willing to help and support me are welcome and the ones that walk away never loved me in the first place. If my bf leaves me it will hurt like hell but my baby deserves life because these are my problems to deal with not his/hers. :( its just hard because I don't feel a baby I don't feel attached I just feel like throwing up all the time and its hard putting something that's not here yet before myself, because its always been just me but I guess now its me and my baby. I'm happy with my decision because everything will turn out for the best not only that, I believe in the love me and my bf share and I believe its real and that he will accept this baby simply because he loves me and if not oh well like most of yall said Ill have my baby.
I'm thrilled to hear you are keeping your baby :) I never felt a real attachment with my baby until after I started feeling her move around. Then it set in that I was having a baby and the attachment started. Good luck with everyhting
Hi Ladies -

Let's remember that this is a support site, and crazycurious11 is asking about paternity, not abortion.  It's okay to give a little "tough love", but the use of negative words like "dumb" and "selfish" are not appropriate.  She is neither of these things, or she wouldn't be on our site asking for help.

We are neutral on the topic of abortion, being neither pro-choice or right-to-life.  We understand that the topic elicits strong reactions, but whatever your personal feelings are, please make sure that you have correct information.  

Please be careful to not blame, shame or guilt other members.  She wouldn't be here asking questions if she were not torn up about this already.

Emily
Thank you smiley and thank you Emily, I see that some other comments where deleted, thanks for the support!
I'm sorry, my intent was not to attack you. I realized after I'd already commented it was harsher then needed. I was only trying to.point out that adoption would seem.to be a better option as apposed to abortion, for YOUR mental health and physical health AND for you baby, I wouldn't.have judged you either way.
Regardless I'm glad that you have decided to keep your baby. Congratulations and good luck!
I have a pregnancy wheel like the drs have...with LMP on Feb 23rd it shows probabal date of conception March 9th...im sorry but i honestly dont think its your fiance's...
Thank you for your answer.
My first pregnancy I didn't feel an attachment to my son until after he was born... I was excited and protective of the baby inside me but its common not to feel very attached... once you see them, see that they are little people with their own personalities, every minute you will become more and more in love! A childs love for their mommy is the best feeling ever. :) I know you have mixed emotions but I hope everything works out for you, I know its hard I'm in the same situation... has had me torn with happiness and being terrified these past 35 weeks. One thing is for sure, we have these little ones insid us depending on us to be strong :) xx
I am glad you have decided to keep your baby, it is a very hard decision to make. In my honest opinion I think the best thing you can do is be honest with your fiance about the fact that there is a slim possibility that this baby might not be his and that you should get a DNA test after the baby is born. He might be hurt when you tell him,but he could get over that in time,he can request a DNA after the baby is born as well and if he where to find out that way rather than you telling him, or when the baby is older and it comes out a different way it would hurt him a lot. Just give it some though.

Good luck with everything, H&H9M!!!
Thanks I'm planning on telling him I just don't know how he is taking really good care of me and I'm scared if I tell him ill be alone. I refuse to go with the other guy. But I don't think my bf will leave me he will just be hurt and that's what I don't want that's what I'm afraid of
Personally I would say to tell your boyfriend, keeping something like this from him is not a good way to start a marriage, if word gets back to him about some other guy possibly being the dad he is gonna be more hurt.

Going off of your lmp isn't always accurately. If I went off my last lmp my concieved date would be 10/24/11 &due date 07/07/12. But since I was tracking my period. I  knew that wasn't right, at my 2nd or 3rd appt the doctor changed my due date and conception to 11/7/11 and 7/30/12, which is what I had written down from the beginning. Which is quite a differnce.
I am going to tell him soon. And talk to my doctor about my date of conception
i had sex march 22nd with my boyfriend period came on.march 22nd then i had sex april 3 with someone else who is my baby daddy
i had sex march 19th with my boyfriend period came on march 22nd then i had sex april 3 with someone else but when I did the conception calculator it says my conceived date was April 1-9 but my first ultrasound which was April 16th said I was exactly 6w3d.. who is my baby daddy?
Hi, star_bless,

If you would like to start a new thread with your question, you might get more responses than if you tack it onto an older thread.  I can try shifting it, will call it "Who's the Daddy -- Star Bless" and will cut and paste and see if it works.

Annie
i need help! im 9weeks pregnant now my last period was in the beginning of november i missed my period in december i stoped having sex with my ex i think in the begining of october,and got back with my other ex and started back having sex with him ......who is the father of my baby? any suggestions?
Hi, 3199823 -- Could you give some dates?  

Last period "in the beginning of November" -- what day?
Stopped having sex with guy #1 beginning of October -- when?
Started having sex with guy #2 in October? November?

and,
How did you come to the "9 weeks pregnant" number, was it by an ultrasound?  If so, what day and what did they say on that day about how many weeks pregnant?
i had sex with my soon to be ex husband on november 1st didnt use condom and he pulled out (tmi i know) and started my period on november 11th....i left my ex husband .....had sex with my boyfriend on the weekend of november 17th didnt use condom and he didnt leave it in....again had sex with boyfriend weekend of november 23rd...i was ovulating around november 17 thru 20 something so it says on a app....whos baby is this? i hope its my boyfriends i get so scared thinking about it,...i guess im paranoid cuz of what i did on november 1st ugh!!!!!!  help!!!!!! im 27 weeks now
on the weekend of 23rd he left it in one time and it was around time I was ovulating is my boyfriend the father ugh I hate being so paranoid about this stuff!!!
When you say "on the weekend of the 23rd he left it in," do you mean orgasmed while inside your body?