Close
Who is the dad? Two days apart
I'm 37 weeks pregnant.
First day of last period - 08/10/16
Cycle length - 29 days
I had sex with with guy A - 23/10/26
Sex with guy B - 25/10/26
My due date is 14/07/2017

Who is likely to be the dad. I feel guy a as I had sex with him first, but who knows.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578 tn?1483549754
Hi, when did you get your due date, and by what method? Did the doctor ask you when your last period was and look at a little wheel, or did you have an early ultrasound and the doc reading the ultrasound told you your due date? Has it changed over the course of the pregnancy?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
I got my due date when I had a scan at 11 weeks. On the paper given it said when my last period was and yes my doctor in the GP when I first found out I was pregnant (when I 4 weeks probably) asked when my last period was and noted it down. And my due date has remained the same throughout my pregnancy.
Comment
Cancel
Actually in my early scan at 10weeks it said I'm due 13/07/2017 by scan and due 15/07/17 by my LMP. Then in my 12 weeks scan it said I'm due 14/07/2017 from scan
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
134578 tn?1483549754
Suggesting the first guy was the dad, but a rather slim margin of error.  I'd assume the first guy but do the DNA test with both guys.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
I think so too. But he claims he wore a condom, I can't remember and I think he is lying
Comment
Cancel
Would it be quite unlikely B is the dad With the info given?
Comment
Cancel
134578 tn?1483549754
Not "quite unlikely" for either guy, frankly, since your ultrasound wasn't early enough to rule anything out. By the eleventh week, doctors will tell you that there is a +/- 6 day margin for error when using an ultrasound to try to date conception. You will need a DNA test from both guys.
Comment
Cancel
The doctors do not know about my situation so they wouldn't tell me if the was a
Comment
Cancel
Would I need to take a DNA test of both of them or could I just take one?
Comment
Cancel
134578 tn?1483549754
An experience very common to read here is that someone tests with only one guy, and he gets excluded as the father, and then they are freaked out wondering if the test was wrong or true . (In short, she might as well have not tested, for how much certainty it gives her.) A test with both guys will give you one yes and one no, which is very certain -- one guy's test backs up the results of the other, and vice versa.

If the guys know that there is a possibility someone else is the dad, of course they will want to test. No guy wants to be enrolled in the Guilt, Responsibility and Worry Club without knowing for sure. If one guy knows there might be a reason to test and the other doesn't (know that you had sex with two guys so close together), you are going to have to find a way to say to the one who does not know in a matter-of-fact way that of course we'll do a DNA test just so nobody ever wonders anything. I'm sorry, but there is no avoiding testing, there are serious legal ramifications and you do need to know. So be smart and test with both men.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
DNA / Paternity Community Resources