DNA / Paternity Community
Who is the father?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Who is the father?

Ok my last period was 9/7/12 I had twice sex on 9/16 with Guy #1 we used a condom both times but he had a mishap putting it on (almost putting it on backwards then quickly flipping it, this happened both times we had sex) and also when he withdrew the condom the first time it, got stuck inside with the outside of the out of the body I gripped it in pulled it out semen was still in the condom and no leakage that I know of. I had sex on 9/20 with Guy #2 we didnt use a condom and he came inside me. On 11/12/12 I had a dating ultrasound which put me at 9 weeks and 3 days based on measurments, this is also the how far along my LMP says I would be. Who is the father or more likely to be the father?

Hiyer, I think the dates are abit to close to tell, as I am in near enough the same boat as you, I have learned that sperm could live aslong as 7days max in good conditions.
yes there is a small chance of that happning with guy 1 in my opinion but i still you might be able to get pregnant from that even though the chances are small, and do you have regular periods that you know exactlty when you ovulate, but with it only being four days apart its to close to tell, mine was 2weeks apart and i am still questioning it myself, but i am just going of what i have learned myself i could be wrong.
sorry for the double comment
My periods are not regular I have PCOS (when she did the ultrasound she also check my ovaries for cysts and they were completely clear, I guess thats why I got preggo!) but I do have a period every month around the same time. I came on the 7th of September so I know somewhere between the 5th and the 8th of October, I was going to come on again. Guy #2 doesnt know the situation b/c he is acting distant and sometimey (I have no problem with telliing him if he would talk to me) and thats fine b/c I am fully prepared to take care of my child myself anyways, so I am assuming he will be asking for a DNA test which he has that right.
I agree with lojo and you, that while 4 days is pretty darn close (both guys' sperm could have been available in your system at the same time) and you can't know for sure, the second guy has just a slight edge since the timing is a little closer and he did ejaculate entirely in your vagina.  However, the first guy had definitely ejaculated once before putting on the second condom inside-out, potentially putting sperm onto the outside of the condom, and you have irregular cycles, so a DNA test is definitely the thing to do once the baby is born.  Congratulations on your pregnancy!