DNA / Paternity Community
Who's the Daddy -- Star Bless

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Who's the Daddy -- Star Bless

Star_bless writes:  I had sex march 19th with my boyfriend period came on march 22nd then i had sex april 3 with someone else but when I did the conception calculator it says my conceived date was April 1-9 but my first ultrasound which was April 16th said I was exactly 6w3d.. who is my baby daddy?
Star, if you had an ultrasound on April 16 (you don't mean May 16, by any chance, do you?) that dated your pregnancy as 6 weeks 3 days, you would have conceived around the 15th or 16th of March.  Were you with your boyfriend all the time leading up to March 19th?  And did the period on the 22nd seem normal?  

A conception calculator will give you dates based on the first day of your last period.  But a conception calculator is not as accurate as an ultrasound.  If that is actually the ultrasound date, it sounds like the flow you had on March 22 was not a genuine period.

Yea I meant May 16th. But my last period was light in lasted for 4 days..
The appearance and length of the period, and even conception calculators, are trumped by ultrasound results, if the ultrasound was early in the pregnancy.  Having an ultrasound in your 6th or 7th week (counted the medical way) is pretty much definitive to narrow it down to almost the day of conception.  

If your ultrasound was on May 16 and said you were 6 weeks 4 days pregnant (counted the medical way), that indicates you conceived on April 15.  If March 19 was the last time you had sex with your boyfriend, this puts him out of the picture, though if you kept having sex with him on both sides of the April 3rd event it doesn't put him out of the picture at all, of course.  The guy with whom you had sex on April 3 would have had to have exceptionally long-lasting sperm to be the dad.  I have read that sperm can live for up to a week in the woman's reproductive tract, but 11 or 12 days seems like a stretch.  Did you keep having sex with your boyfriend after the other guy?
YEA, BUT IT WAS A QUICKIE ON APRIL 12TH WITH MY BOYFRIEND, BUT WITH THE OTHER I PUSHED AND CLEANED MYSELF GOOD WITH WIPES AFTER PEEING. DOES THAT STOP ME FROM GETTING PREGNANT BY THE OTHER GUY OR NO?
Pushing the semen out and cleaning with wipes after peeing doesn't prevent pregnancy.  The sperm in the semen are well past the cervix (in other words, they are up inside the uterus) and halfway up the tubes by the time you compress your vagina to push.  You can't push sperm out of your uterus.  Look for the time closest to the 15th, your ultrasound will be pretty spot on for timing because it was in your 6th week.
When I said 'look for the time closest to the 15th," I meant look for the guy closest to the 15th.  If you had sex with your boyfriend on the 12th and did not have sex with that other guy any time but the 3rd, it is not the other guy's baby.
I hope it's not because we don't talk anymore. I have 3 1/2 weeks to go and my boyfriend is the happiest man alive to have a baby on the way. Just hopefully its his baby I'm praying to God it is
It does really lean that direction.
THANK YOU SO MUCH :)