DNA / Paternity Community
Who's the father of my unborn child?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Who's the father of my unborn child?

Alright, I'm new to this website but I need some opinions from anyone who feels like commenting. I recently found out that I am pregnant, I find out in two days how far along I am.. but here's the catch, my last period was Feb 1st-6th, 2012. I have sex with my boyfriend every single day, unprotected, sometimes more than once. I had sex ONE time with my ex-boyfriend on Feb 11, 2012, unprotected. I missed my period that was supposed to come on Mar 1st, 2012. I have good cycles almost exactly 28 days. I'm scared that maybe it's his?! Everyone makes mistakes but I really hope the baby is my boyfriends. So I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on the chances of the baby being my ex-boyfriends baby?? HELP, please :/ I could really use some good opinions!
So you've had sex with your boyfriend every day since your last period? And you had sex with an ex boyfriend on Feb 11th as well?

Going by your last period (that's how the date you in early pregnancy) you would be around 5 weeks. Just in case you wanted to know.

To be honest, the dates are way to close to one another, in fact they actually over lap so it's 50/50 which one would be the father. The only thing you can is wait until the baby is born and have a DNA test done to determine who the father is. Unfortunately that;s your only option here.
Yeah, we have sex all the time. and I was also thinking I'm about 5 weeks. From here I guess all I can do is pray! Hopefully the chances are extremely slim! Thank you for writing. Talking about it makes me feel somewhat better!
I pray the baby is your boyfriend's but at this point there's no way of knowing, sorry:(  I wanna say that because you had sex with your ex 5 days after your period it won't be his.  Usually  the week after your period is safe.  the way it happened for me was I had unprotected sex with my huaband when I had my period symptoms and thought I would probably get it the next day or something like that.  However
after having the same symptoms for a week and  a half and no period but a few spots I got a home test and it was positive.  Good luck with everything:)
I would say its your boyfriend's. If you always have your period every 28 days you ovulate 14 days after your period. So you would have ovulated on or around the 20th. I believe sperm can only live for about 5 days. After an ultra sound you can count back weeks or maybe your doc can tell you when you may have conceived.
Sorry,  read dates wrong. you well have more
clarification after a doctors visit.
Could be either. You need to take a DNA test. Tell him it's not fair to lead people along. You got pregnant at some point when you were having sex with both
Im kindof in the same boat. I had sex with a guy October 12th and started my period like i normally do at the end of October. I don't remember the exact date but i think it was around the 24th or the 27th when i started. I have also had sex with my boyfriend every other day or so since then too. I took a pregnancy test on November 24th and it was negative. Come December 1st no sign of my period. I took another pregnancy test and it came out positive. I have a doctors appt. At the end of this month, but i need peace of mind who's baby it is.... Im praying its my boyfriends. Also my periods are always regular. Please help with positive info.
Hi, Cassandra, if you had sex with the guy October 12 and then not again, and then had a regular period at the end of October, and then had a negative pregnancy test on November 24, it is hard to see how it could be the October 12 guy.  The period at the end of October would not have come if you had been pregnant.
thank you that's what i was also thinking. I just needed someone else to confirm that. I feel horrible about what i did. I will NEVER do that again. Thanks for the help
If you're honest with your doctor and ask for an ultrasound to find conception date they will order it for you. It is most accurate weeks 5-8 because the baby is rapidly growing and follows a specific timeline of growth during that time; ie, a 5 week ultrasound and a 6 week ultrasound look completely different. However if you wait until your second trimester they measure based on the babys size and weight which can vary drastically so I would advise you to get the ultrasound asap! Won't be 100% like the dna test but should be able to help. If I were you I would write down on a calendar every day you had sex so you don't forget and then you can compare to the ultrasound dating. Good luck!
I need help I made a stupid mistake on the 1st october had heavy period on the 9th lasted about 10 days then had sex with my boyfriend everyday I'm 23 weeks pregnant is there any way it could be the mistake??
Hi, rubicon, if you had a period after the sex with the wrong guy, it doesn't sound like the baby is from that sexual event.  What is your due date?
So I had my period on the 17 or 18 of sept. My cycle is normally 7days but I had sex on day 5 of my period which was the 23 & the day after with an old friend while my boyfriend & i were separated. My cycle is 30days, but I can't remember the exact day I had sex with my boyfriend. The doc says I'm 24wks, but I didn't have sex the day I supposedly conceived which is oct 2. I had sex with my boyfriend a day or two after that. I'm sooo scared because my boyfriend & I already have two kids together and are planning to get married. If the baby isn't his, it will ruin my life. Help!!!
Hi, when was the first ultrasound you had in this pregnancy, was it the one at 24 weeks?  If so, it is not going to be very precise.
Hi can anyone help me? I can't enjoy my pregnancy because this is hanging over me. I had my period on may 13th and it ended on the 18th, my periods usually last 4-5 days and are always late. Most are 32-35day cycle. Me and my boyfriend were rocky at the time and I made a massive mistake and had unprotected sex on the 18th with a one night stand, the same week I was having unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I'm now 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Today is (15/08/13). .. This means that I conceived about the 22nd which is only 4 days after the one night stand . I really need to know what the chances of it being the one night stand are? I'm so so worried and I know it's only myself to blame but my boyfriend is now so excited of being daddy cause he doesn't know about the one night stand and CAN'T find out or it would over. Please help!!!
Hi im wondering if anyone can help me im 18 weeks pregnant today and my last period was 9/9/13 which lasted 3 days I have regular unprotected sex with my long term partner everyday more than 1 times in a days. However on the 13th of september me and my partner had a huge fallout as I found out he cheated at the beginning of our relationship so I slept with someone else which just is not me problem is I was so drunk I dont know if this man used protection as I dont take any contreception basically this guy took advantage and I hardly remember a thing only his name ive never met him before hes much older than me im sure im so disgusted with myself. I had sex with my partner the following day & everday after unprotected so im wondering when I concieved as im due on the 18/6/2014 any advice or help would be great thankyou.
How did you get your due date, from an ultrasound?  And when in the pregnancy was the ultrasound done that gave you the due date?