DNA / PATERNITY
COMMUNITY
Who's the father of my unborn child?
by kate_888, Mar 13, 2012
Alright, I'm new to this website but I need some opinions from anyone who feels like commenting. I recently found out that I am pregnant, I find out in two days how far along I am.. but here's the catch, my last period was Feb 1st-6th, 2012. I have sex with my boyfriend every single day, unprotected, sometimes more than once. I had sex ONE time with my ex-boyfriend on Feb 11, 2012, unprotected. I missed my period that was supposed to come on Mar 1st, 2012. I have good cycles almost exactly 28 days. I'm scared that maybe it's his?! Everyone makes mistakes but I really hope the baby is my boyfriends. So I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on the chances of the baby being my ex-boyfriends baby?? HELP, please :/ I could really use some good opinions!
Member Comments (17)
by Carly1306, Mar 13, 2012
So you've had sex with your boyfriend every day since your last period? And you had sex with an ex boyfriend on Feb 11th as well?

Going by your last period (that's how the date you in early pregnancy) you would be around 5 weeks. Just in case you wanted to know.

To be honest, the dates are way to close to one another, in fact they actually over lap so it's 50/50 which one would be the father. The only thing you can is wait until the baby is born and have a DNA test done to determine who the father is. Unfortunately that;s your only option here.
by kate_888, Mar 13, 2012
Yeah, we have sex all the time. and I was also thinking I'm about 5 weeks. From here I guess all I can do is pray! Hopefully the chances are extremely slim! Thank you for writing. Talking about it makes me feel somewhat better!
by WF365, Mar 27, 2012
I pray the baby is your boyfriend's but at this point there's no way of knowing, sorry:(  I wanna say that because you had sex with your ex 5 days after your period it won't be his.  Usually  the week after your period is safe.  the way it happened for me was I had unprotected sex with my huaband when I had my period symptoms and thought I would probably get it the next day or something like that.  However
after having the same symptoms for a week and  a half and no period but a few spots I got a home test and it was positive.  Good luck with everything:)
by mzleo86, Apr 20, 2012
I would say its your boyfriend's. If you always have your period every 28 days you ovulate 14 days after your period. So you would have ovulated on or around the 20th. I believe sperm can only live for about 5 days. After an ultra sound you can count back weeks or maybe your doc can tell you when you may have conceived.
by mzleo86, Apr 20, 2012
Sorry,  read dates wrong. you well have more
clarification after a doctors visit.
by mrsmartin29, Nov 20, 2012
Could be either. You need to take a DNA test. Tell him it's not fair to lead people along. You got pregnant at some point when you were having sex with both
by cassandra3000019295, Dec 06, 2012
Im kindof in the same boat. I had sex with a guy October 12th and started my period like i normally do at the end of October. I don't remember the exact date but i think it was around the 24th or the 27th when i started. I have also had sex with my boyfriend every other day or so since then too. I took a pregnancy test on November 24th and it was negative. Come December 1st no sign of my period. I took another pregnancy test and it came out positive. I have a doctors appt. At the end of this month, but i need peace of mind who's baby it is.... Im praying its my boyfriends. Also my periods are always regular. Please help with positive info.