DNA / Paternity Community
conceived

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

conceived

ok so i was with guy A from july 21st to july 27 i was on my period the whole time it was a heavy regular period and we had sex a couple times and he pulled out everytime....period ended july27th then on agust 4th i had sex with guy B and he pulled out as well....on agust 20th i found out i was pregnant when i went for my first u/s on september 12th i was 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant and she told me i was due may 4th...but then shes like oh your first day of your last period was july 28th...so i was confused when could i have ovulated/conceived and who is my babys father?
Go to your calendar. Go to Sept 12th. Count backwards 6 weeks 4 days. I did it, if I'm right guy B is the father.
You conceived the day after me, August 12th. You don't count the first 2 weeks cause you're not pregnant. They count from the first day of your last period and you ovulate between cycles so you got pregnant 4 weeks and 4 days before your ultrasound.
I have an app on my phone, so I typed in what your estimated due date is and it says you conceived Aug 11th. It's pretty accurate. For the best results to find out, wait until your next doctor appointment and ask.
so what day would that be....
Who is that question for?
it doesnt make sence tho cuz i slept with him agust 5th cuz it was past midnight...agust 11th is 6 days after that and im really confused about the period thing why did she say the first day of my period should been a week later what does she mean about that??
You ovulated sooner. Completely normal. And sperm can live in the vagina for 5-7 days after you have sex. Even precum. Guys b is definitely the father. The earlier ultrasounds are the most accurate because after 14 weeks, babies start too grow at di
Different rates*
My last period was the 26th of july, which makes me due May 2nd. I know for a fact that I had sex on the 8th of August, and conceived on the 9th. If your periods are very regular, then you should have conceived on the 11th of august since they told you you are due May 4th.
but they fact that you found out you were pregnant on the 20th means that you had to have ovulated sooner.
It sounds like you are just going to have to be honest with the guy and let him now you aren't sure. Or maybe there is some story you can come up to get a Dna test without looking suspicious.
ya so wouldnt guy A be the father if i ovulated sooner? but i was on my period... and jorden rose that question was for u
there is no possible way to tell honestly, besides a paternity test.
What acline said^^ you can't get a positive hpt until at LEAST 7 days past ovulation. Most are 10 days or more. If you went by your actual period, you wouldn't have been able to because the egg wouldn't have implanted yet to start producing hcg, the hormone hpt's detect. Even first response 5 days sooner is only 10 days past ovulation.
It isn't Guy A's because sperm can't live that long.
kk thanks loves
I'm sorry, I was doing the math in my head before. I just wrote it all out and you ovulated later than average, but still normal. Ovulation is usually directly in the middle of your cycles. From the start of one, to the start of the next.

Also, if I came off brash or abrasive in any way, I apologize. I do know a lot about conception and was only trying to help.
GoBrandiRanger will you do the same for me, I was with guy1 20th april, came on what I think was my period 21st april, was with guy2 round about 10th may, due date is 7th feb, but there is a week or so between my period and ultrasound?
You conceived may 18th so 100% Guy B's.
But that's a averege 28day cycle and would mean my period was on the 3rd may but it was it was round about 21april, cause my period was very iregular, so that's what makes me wonder?
Doing by your due date, which is based on the development of the baby, ovulation was may 18th. Regular period or not, babies grow at the same rate up until 14 weeks. Your actual period doesn't matter at all. It's baby's development.
i ovulated later meaning it must be guy Bs Right?
If your period is very irregular, that would explain why the (estimated) first day of your last period (on the conception calculator) was not where you expect it to be.  Conception calculators assume a regular 28-day cycle and just plug the number in.

Go with the measurement the doctor took with your ultrasound in your 6th week.  Ignore if counting backward does not line it all up with your actual period, especially if your periods are irregular anyway.  An ultrasound for dating is more reliable than the first day of your last period if you have the ultrasound early.
Annie, my ultrasound wasn't done in a early week, it was done at 11weeks could that throw it off abit aswell
Sorry, I was thinking of the original poster of this thread, who had an ultrasound in her 6th week.  An ultrasound in the 11th week won't be more than two or three days off at the most.  Same advice still stands.  If your period is very irregular, that would explain why the (estimated) first day of your last period (on the conception calculator) was not where you expect it to be.  Go with the measurement the doctor took with your ultrasound in your 11th week, over the date of your last period.  The doctor saw and made a measurement of the actual baby.  Especially if your periods are irregular, don't worry if counting backward does not line up with your actual period.
i had the u/s in my 6 week and said i was due may 4th thats what i was concerned about fathers no my period is not regular thats why im concerned
If your period is irregular, that would explain why the (estimated) first day of your last period (on the conception calculator) was not where you expect it to be.  Go with the measurement the doctor took with your ultrasound in your 6th week, over the date of your last period.  The ultrasound saw the baby and measured it, it is a definite size at a definite date.  So the first day of your last period does not matter.  What matters is the baby's size at that given date.  Go with the due date the doc gave you when he did the ultrasound, and don't worry about when your last period was.