DNA / Paternity Community
conception based of last periods and sex dates

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

hi, I need help figuring out a estimated conception date. ok I had a period November 18th of 2013 that last around 6 to 7 days which is normal for me. I have a regular period that comes between 27 29 days then another period November 28th of 2013 but only lasted 3 days but I took plan b 2 in the week before. had sex between dec 2-dec6. spotted very light dec7-8th then on the 9 it got a little heavier then stopped. had sex dec 10-13th then on dec 16th I had sex with my ex but I was standing up and he didn't *** all the way inside me just like at the tip of my*** and I stayed standing to let it fall out. then on dec 22nd-24th sex with my current bf the one I been having sex with and on jan4 2014 I was told to be 4 weeks and 2 days. then jan 21st 2014 I had a vaginal ultrasound and it said I was 6weeks 3 days then on june 20th 2014 I was 27weeks and 4 days pregnant. On an estimate with all these dates when did I most likely conceive on the 22nd-24th with my current boyfriend or my ex on the 16th in which he didn't penetrate or ejaculate all the way  also I wasn't fertile.  ***also im 32 weeks and 3 days today and its 7/24/14 based off of what my doctor say
to sum it up my sex days are dec 10-13 with partner A dec 16th an accident with my ex and dec 22-24th with partner A 4w2days pregnant on jan7th 2014 and 27w4d on june 20 32 weeks and 3 days today. which is mostly the day I conceived and possible partner
When you had a vaginal ultrasound on January 21, the one where they told you that you were 6 weeks 3 days gestational age, did they give you an estimated due date at that time?
no but I went again on june 20 2014 they say my due date is September 15.
which date would be considered the start of my period if I spotted like a drop if blood on dec 7 and again a little spot on the 8 but on the 9th it got heavy but stopped the same say. My doctor say that my lmp is dec 9 and that I most likely conceived on the 22nd. When I had sex on the 16th with my ex I wasn't fertile on that day and yea I understand sperm  can stay inside you for days but I don't believe his sperm even touched my cervix at all and that's just going by the position I was in and how he was penetrating because once he came he wasn't all the way in just the head was in. And the doctor say im 32w3d today
You need to go with the sixth-week ultrasound, not the one in June, if you are using an ultrasound to date the pregnancy.  27th-week ultrasounds can be off by up to two weeks for dating purposes.

They said you were 6 weeks 3 days on January 21, correct?  That counts back to conception around December 21st.  You had sex with Mr. Ex on December 16 unprotected (despite your disclaimers, you can't know if those swimmers made it into your cervix, sorry to say).  Sperm can to live in your system 5 days for sure, some research says 6 or longer.  If the baby were a boy, it would tend to rule out Mr. Ex, but since it is a girl it does not. (X sperm swim slowly and last long, and Y sperm swim fast and die earlier.) In fact, unfortunately, it tends to suggest that Mr. Boyfriend was just a tiny bit too late.  

I'm sorry but this is all more suggestive of Mr. Ex, but only slightly; not enough to rule out either guy at all.  It is going to take a DNA test to sort it out.  Have you told both guys this is the situation, or are you not telling your boyfriend?
even if the doctor told me on jan 7th that I was 4 weeks and 2 days? I call them again on the ultrasound for the jan 21st one she said that if I had sex on the 22nd that its probably the date I conceived instead of it being the ex
If the 4 weeks 2 days number were accurate, all it does is push your ovulation from around December 21 to around December 22.  It does not guarantee anything.  And fourth-week ultrasounds are very hard to interpret -- they just show a thickening of the uterine lining, not even the embryo.  In the sixth week, they can see and measure the actual baby, and the crown-to-rump measurement and the developmental markers reached are what tells them how far along the pregnancy is.  

I'm sorry, but both guys have a chance to be the dad and neither is ruled out.  You will definitely need a DNA test.  No definitive answer is possible with these dates.
ps -- In case of other ladies reading this sometime and needing the education, staying standing after a sexual encounter does not make the sperm drain out.  (Neither does running to the loo and peeing really hard and squeezing hard, and neither does taking a shower.)  Some of the semen will come out, for sure, but the sperm are long swum upward.  These myths do a lot of harm to girls who think they can count on them for birth control.  Sperm hit the deck fast and swim up the woman's vaginal secretions to the cervix in an eyeblink, and the vaginal secretions during ovulation are hyper-receptive to upward-swimming sperm.  Standing can even bring down the vaginal secretions to meet the sperm.  None of that adds up to a guarantee that the sperm didn't reach the cervix.
they took pee from me and told me I was 4 weeks and 2 days and my lmp was dec9 because I had a heavy flow that day
Only use an early ultrasound for trying to determine when you got pregnant.  Not the results of a urine test.