DNA / Paternity Community
conception date?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

conception date?

I need some help...I had sex with man#1 on 4/5 of april.I had my period on the 7th of april.Then I had sex with man#2 around 20th of april.My first scan was on the 20th of may and its said Im 6w4d.My next scan was on the 22nd of july and its said Im 14w6d pregnant.Then I had my 20 weeks scan on the 4th of november which said Im 21w1d pregnant.My due date was 12th jan,but after the july scan it moved to the 14th jan.My daughter was born on the 10th of january.Who do u think is the father?whats the chances of man#1 bein the baby father?I was preety sure that the man#2 is the dad but nw im so confused...please help x
My pregnancy wheel using the original due date of January 12, gives a conception date of april 21 with a last menses of apirl 7th. Semen does not live that long inside of you; 5 days at the most under ideal conditions. It's the second guys baby. Ultrasounds before 8-10 weeks are very reliable for dating, within a few days.
A dna test will tell u for sure
Both your first and second ultrasound back up the notion that your ovulation was nowhere near as early as April 5 or 6.  It was at least as late as April 19, if not more like the 23rd.
sorry I had a sex with guy#1 on 5/6th of april and my 20 week scan was on the 4th of september not a november.
Actually, when I was doing the computations (when you and I had an exchange on personal messaging) I didn't pay attention to the 20-week scan, since you had two that were earlier and the earlier ones are more reliable for purposes of dating.  (Glad I didn't, if you had the dates wrong that would have been confusing!)  So you giving a different date for it doesn't change anything.  You would not have ovulated April 5 or 6 and had a period on the 7th.  You said your concern was that somehow the period was implantation bleeding.  However, implantation bleeding is only a few dribs and drabs, not the volume and number of days you would see from a period.  And it is very rare besides.  And also, an embryo needs to divide and divide for several days before it is ready to implant.  So please stop worrying yourself with scenarios that are not even supported by counting back from your due date.
Thanks Annie for all your help :)