DNA / Paternity Community
dna

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

dna

If my due date is September14 did I get pregnant after I had sex on the sixteenth. Or before

Slightly confused about your post, but I am due Sept 4th and became pregnant Dec 12th.
How reliable is your due date?  If you got it by an ultrasound in the early weeks of pregnancy, you can use a conception calculator with some confidence in its answers.  If you got it later than your first trimester, or if it was simply computed using the first day of your last period, it is not reliable enough to answer your question for sure.  But if it's from an early ultrasound, here is what the calculator gives:

For a due date of September 14:
       Probable date of ovulation:  December 22
       Possible dates of conception:  December 18 - 26

Ok Ashley I have a boyfriend had sex with my boyfriend around the tenth of December and had sex with a friend on the sixteenth of December so I was wondering when did I get pregnant.  If you go according to conception calculator ..something's off read last reply. And Annie but look at that I'm confused would I got pregnant on the sixteenth cause its closer or what.  Just cconfused
Secret, how did you get your due date?  Was it by an ultrasound?  And if so, when in your pregnancy was it?

Keep in mind that sperm can live a while in your system.  If you're asking if unprotected sex on the 16th could impregnate you on the 22nd, well, possibly.  Some of the literature says it can last 5 days, some says it can last longer, up to a week or more.

But the question remains, how reliable is your due date?  Did a doctor tell it to you from an ultrasound?  Because if not, it isn't reliable.
Yes I didn't know last period so they went off of sinogram. So my question is it possible that I could have gotten pregnant on the tenth or that's. To far from the twenty second

I was about twelve weeks
Ok, an ultrasound at about 12 weeks will be accurate enough, maybe a few days off at most.  Not ten days or more, which it would need to be for the guy on the 10th to be the dad.  It sounds most likely that the dad is the guy from the 16th.
Last thing but every time we talk he say its two weeks off (Guy on16th) when I went for altralsound for that appointment I told you about I was twelve weeks and a day and.he said I would only be ten weeks how is he counting
It sounds like Guy on the 16th is counting from your presumed conception date.  Get a book like "Your Pregnancy Week by Week," and show him that when a doctor says you are 12 weeks 1 day "pregnant," he means 10 weeks 1 day from conception.  You will probably need to show him this in either a printout where it is explained online or in a book, it is very hard for a non-medical person to understand why a doctor begins timing the pregnancy with the first day of bleeding of your last period.

Anyway, DNA test for Guy on the 16th, for sure.
I'm due sept 14 n I got pregnant the dec 22