Aa
A
A
Close
do i just need to get a dna test done?
I had sex with a partner with no condom on January 30th, then got my period the next day. I had sex with a different partner on February 6th, which was when my period ended, and had sex again with that partner on the 11th in which we used a condom both times. Then I had sex with the first partner again on the 17th of February, we used a condom but it broke. I keep a period calendar on my phone and it says I have a 26 day cycle and that I was fertile on February 11th and ovulated on the 12th. I found out I was pregnant on March 1st, and just recently got an ultrasound that said im 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant with a due date of November 7th. so if you count back 8 weeks and 3 days it comes back to the first week of February, which would have to be the first guy. i asked for a conception date at the doctor but they said they can only give it to me based on the wheel chart thing which is only accurate if you have a regular 28 day cycle. I really don't want to wait until the baby is born to know who the father is.i have done a bunch of conception calculators online but all of the conception dates come in between all the dates I had sex. this has been driving me crazy and don't know how im gonna go the whole pregnancy not knowing..any advice or someone been in a similar situation?
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578_tn?1446090952
Don't count back 8 weeks 3 days if the length of the pregnancy the doctor has given you by ultrasound is 8 weeks 3 days.  Count back 6 weeks 3 days.  The doctor's count begins on the first day of your last period, (or the assumed first day of the last period).  It does not begin on the assumed or guessed-at day of conception.  That would be two weeks later than the first day of the last period.

Due date of November 7 on a conception calculator gives the following:

Probable date of ovulation:  February 14
Possible dates of conception:  February 10 to February 18

Comment
Cancel
134578_tn?1446090952
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
oh ok you are right..so if you count back 6 weeks 3 days that would be feb 17th. but really it could be either/or :/
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
134578_tn?1446090952
Sounds like the guy the time the condom broke, just off the info you're giving.  What was the date of the ultrasound when you were 8w3d?
Comment
Cancel
134578_tn?1446090952
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I got my ultrasound on april 1st...so I was 8 weeks and 2days that day.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
134578_tn?1446090952
If it said 8 weeks 2 days, the ultrasound is giving you you a conception date of the 16th, then.  If it said 8 weeks 3 days (like you said it did above), then the 15th.  Ultrasounds are accurate that early with a margin of error of, at most, 2 or 3 days, but often are only a day off that early.  It all sounds like the baby of Mister 17th; not much is leading to the conclusion that it is Mister 11th.  You should get a DNA test once the baby is born to put the issue to rest, but I'd be expecting it to say the guy on the 17th.
Comment
Cancel
134578_tn?1446090952
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
well from my last missed period I would have been 8weeks and 4 days but she said the baby was measuring about 2 days behind that so that's where I got the 8 weeks2 days which I meant n the beginning also..but I am also expecting it to be the guy from the 17th. I would get the non invasive prenatal blood test to get a dna result but it is way to expensive so I guess I just have to wait to be sure until after the baby is born.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I meant last menstrual period** not missed.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
do i just need to get a dna test done?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
DNA / Paternity Community Resources
Top Pregnancy Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952