DNA / Paternity Community
don't know if I got pregnant before my period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

I'm very confused about when I got pregnant. I had sex with a guy on Aug.25 and he (pulled out). I also had sex with my boyfriend that last week of Aug.  On Sept. 2 I started my period. After 3 days of my period I continued to have sex with my boyfried. I missed my period in Oct. and found out I am pregnant. On Nov.1 I had an ultrasound done. The ultrasound said I was 8 weeks and 6 days pregnant and the baby measured avg. 23mm.  I would like to know how accurate the ultrasound is along with the measurements.
If I got pregnant before my last period, then I was really 9 to 10 weeks pregnant. But If I got pregnant after my last period then I would only be about 7 weeks because of ovulation,right? The doctor said I was 8 weeks 5days pregant according to the first day of my last period. When did I really get pregnant before or after my last period? If it was before, could I have been 9 weeks 5 days at the time the ultrasound said 8 weeks and 6days or could I have been less than 8weeks pregnant.
I'm sorry for the confussion but If you could please help, I would greatly appreciate it. My boyfried is so excited, and I realy screwed up by being with that other guy.
I would say it is most likly after your af.  Did you talk to the doctor about the dates?  Everybody makes mistakes, so don't beat yourself up about the other guy.
My doctor said that ovulation can occur anywhere from day 10-16 fromt the first day of you af.  I think it is your BF baby
Yes, your doc and the u/s are right, and the age of the fetus is correct.  They count from the first day of your last menses, i.e. 2 Sep in your case.  The baby you are carrying now was definitely conceived after this date.  If you really got pregnant in August, it would have ended with your menses you got on 2 Sep.  Hope this helps.
they count your pregnancy from the first day of your last period, even though you dont get pregnant at that time its just the way they count
I couldn't be very specific with my doctor because my boyfriend was with me. But she did explain that pregnancy usually happenst about 2 weeks after your las period. But, then why would the ultrasound say I was 8 weeks 6 days? That would put me at getting pregnant the day before my period.
It is your boyfirend's baby.
I HAVE A SIMILAR CASE .. I HAD SEX MAY 16, JUNE 1ST AND MY PERIOD CAME NORMALLY JUNE 3RD AND AFTER THAT I HAD SEX JUNE 19 AND 28! IN THE ULTRASOUND SAID I WAS 5 WEEKS PREGNANT AND THAT WAS IN JULY 15. COULD I GOT PREGNANT BEFORE MY PERIOD??  
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here,  baby,  but according to their calculations you got pregnant around June 24.  Which would mean you ovulated a little late after your June 3rd period.    It sounds like when you had sex June 19th,  by their calculations,  that was what impregnated you.
I am not sure when I got pregnant. My last lmp (menstrual period) is 10/3/08 and the last time I has sex was 10/18 is this the time that got me pregnant?
the first day of my last cycle was de 22, 2008. i am 19 weeks pregnant today. when would you say i got pregnant?
im 13weeks preg. my 1st day of my last period was august 26. so when was i most likely to conceive?
Me and my boyfriend has been together for about almost 3 years.He cheated on me in October of this year and he said around the 21 of that month that's when he had sex with this other girl.Now I talked to her on the 22nd of November and she stated that she went to the doctor and she had an UTI.Then my boyfriend gets and phone call on December 7th from her stating that she is 7 weeks pregnant.Now if her baby is due on June 28th 2010 that's about right if the last day of 1st period was September 21 2009.Now what I'm trying to understand is how is it my boyfriends if females cycle changes every month so which means that she supposed to been had an period on before October 21 and that's the day they had sex and he didn't let loose in her (with said)from her mouth and his mouth.So woudn't she would have known that she was pregnant in November?Somebody help me hear!!!
Please don't judge, but i need help,
the first day of my period was dec 24, it lasted 5 days. I had sex w/my new bf on the 1st and the 8th twice, but on the 9th i had sex w/my old bf, im not experiencing symptoms yet.  I'm just worried,  if i miss this months menstrual who would i be pregnant by????, please help
I need some help please, i have this boyfriend who i use sex with usually alot but he has never ever (went inside me). but we broke up and then i was on my period....The first day of my last period was November 28, 2009. and i had sex with a different guy around Dec. 17th and he accidently went in me. and now the doctors say im about six weeks pregnant. so it must have been the guy that i slept with Dec,17th right.
also i forgot to add, when i had sex with that guy on dec.17th and he went in me, we took that plan b pill but im guessin it didnt work right since im like six weeks pregnant.
please help. i slept with this guy as a one off on the 7th january and then i had my period on the 21st january. i had sex with my boyfriend after but then missed my period in february. i found out i was pregnant in march and had a ultrasound 20th april. i was meant to be 12weeks and 5 days but it shown i was 11weeks and 6 days. is it def 100% my boyfriends? please please help :)
Hi I am having a problem figuring out when I got pregnant. My last period started on February 15th 2010. On March 26th the dr said I was 5 weeks and on April 12th the ultrasound said 7.2 weeks. I had sex with one person on Feb 20th and the other on Feb 26th-27th...which is more likely to be the time I got pregnant considering ovulation could have occurred anywhere from day 10 to day 16 and sperm can live for 3-5 days? Please help..any feedback would be nice!!
Ok i have a question. im due may 4 2011 but i DNT know when i actually got pregnant. my first week of pregnancy was august 4 does that mean i got pregnant before august or after august?
I had sex with a man on the 8 of september and on the 10 of september i started my period. After that i had sex with my boyfriend about everyday. Who would i be pregnant by? im so worried.
Im in the same situation, yu every finf out who the father was
I had sex with my ex on June 21st and the following days which is the 22,23,24,24,25 and so forth with my current bf. And I found out I was pregnant end of July. According to my ultrasound on July 26 I was 5 weeks 6 days and later at the doctors office they told me I conceived on June 30 which can be 2 days before or 2 days after more or less. So my question is can it be possible it's my ex's or my current bf's??? I'm hoping Fr it to be my current bf! Someone help?
I had sex on may 12th.... Had my period the last week of may .... According to last period I'm 30 weeks pregnant conceiving around June 6th .... Is it possible Its from the 11th of may?  I'm going for DNA test and just wanna know my odds
I am 4 weeks 3 days pregnant according to the calculator online (haven't had an appt. yet) & the first day of my last  menstrual cycle was nov. 25. I had sex with an sean on nov. 14, 22, & 27 (please don't judge me) & then with josh on dec. 5, 6, 11 & 12th. But had sex with emilio on dec. 8th. It says my conception date was dec. 9th. & due date is sep 1st. Ovulation on the 9th. Any idea on who the father is & on which of those dates did I get pregnant? I've been having sex with josh for a really long time unprotected and never got pregnant so it just seems unreal. Could he be the possibility? Cuz that's what it's looking like.
I'm pregnant I had sex on July 9th and then after that I got my lmp on August 26 my due date is between may 26 and June2 is it possible it's not my boyfriends..I was with him all the time after the July thing.. I'm beating myself up all the time..he knows what's going on..I just need to rest my mind
im pregnant and my last period started the 13 of december.. i went for my first scan yesturday and the mid wife said im 13 week today which would have meant gettin caught about the first week in december!! i dont understand how this is possible!!
Erm, I had sex with another guy start of auguest but he said he pulled out, I had a period in semptember quite long one and had sex with my boyfriend when I come off my period which will be nearly in october and probally all the way threw october.. My midwife said I got caught at the start of october.. I'm confused.. Is it my boyfriends baby or is there any possiblity its the other lads?
Im confused im not sure wen i got pregnant ....i had sex november 29 one time....i then got my cycle dec 16 had sex again dec 27 i found out i was pregnant january 12 ......doctor says im due sept 19 bt isnt tht based off the date i gave for my lmp??? And could i have already been pregnant wen i got my period in dec.
I had sex in early january and afterwards i got my period and february i didnt have sex but my period was late..now its march and my period come at all..am i pregnant or not?
Ok I have the same problem I had sex with my sons father January 18 2013 and then I had my period January 23rd... then I had sexsex with my friend on Feb 3rd and 4th and it said I conceived on Feb 6th.. so that puts me at 9weeks and 6days
If I started my period the 9 of Feb and ended the 15 and had sex the 16 is it this guys.. cuz my x husband got outta jail we did something the 24 of Feb.. the lady said id b 5 to 6 wks when I went to check.. So its not my x husbands right?? I nd help..answers
I was wondering I had sex January 6,2013 bit had a light period jan7 would I have got prego then or after I had sex with my bf after the 7 now im 12 week prego n im due October 14 2013
Hi I am 23 years old according to my doctor I am 19weeks pregnant. I am very confused on when I got pregnant, The first and last day of my last period was march 25th And even that day I only spotted a little bit. Because I knew it was completely gone away me and my boyfriend has sex later that day As well as, The 26th 27th 28th 29th 30th 31st and the 1st, 2nd 3rd 4th Of April then I had sex with my ex on the 5th of April, Then again with my boyfriend every day after that .... That was the only time I stepped out . I found out I was pregnant April 23 and they said I had been pregnant already a month and a day..... Keep in mind I had a regular doctors check up on the 4th of April and I got a pregnancy test taken it said that I was not pregnant. So I'm pretty confused on who I could be pregnant by if anyone could help please write back
Okay so I have a 22 day cycle and my lmp was the 15 of September then I had intercourse sep 25 . My boyfriend and I broke up and I had sex with someone else oct 15th. According to my ultrasound my baby is 8 weeks. But I already felt pregnant around the 15th is it possible I could be pregnant from sep 25?
ok i just found out im pregnant dont know how far along i am have an ultrasound didnt see anything. said my hcg was to low so im in early early stages of pregnancy. what idk is when i got pregnant my bf and i had sex August 29 to the 31 and i had what i thought was my period on september 12th. what im not understanding is how i got pregnant when i havent had sex since august but im in early stages now, i ovulated on the 26th of august or so i thought could i be wrong. to add i had a miscarrage (miscarriage) july 12th also im just trying to figure out when and how i could have gotten pregnant.
crystal, did you have a confirmed pregnancy test?  You said your "hcg was too low."  Too low for what, to confirm that you are pregnant?  

Have you had sex with anyone besides your boyfriend?  Or are you just trying to figure out what point you are in pregnancy?
the doctor said i am pregnant but the hcg was to low to see anything. and no i have not had sex with anyone else. id like to know how far along i am. i have an appointment on Wednesday with my ob so i'll get an understanding of whats going on.
The day your doc said the hCG was too low to see anything (I presume, meaning, it was positive enough to confirm pregnancy but still so low that there was no point in having an ultrasound yet) you would have been anywhere between about 14 days after conception to about 24 days after conception, probably.  How do you know that you ovulated on the 26th of August?
I dont for sure but im guessing i did since i only had sex on the 29th the 30th and the 31st that i ovulated sometime in there and when i do the math for that itd only be 4 weeks today so how would i get a positive urin test a on the 21st at about 3 weeks or so when urin test dont show positive till 4 to 5 weeks.
now i have a booger like substance in my underwear idk if that is normal.
When you say you had sex on the 29th, 30th and 31st, you mean of August, am I right?  And you say you have not had sex since then, with your boyfriend or anyone else.  This suggests you would have gotten pregnant no later than the 7th of September, at the latest.  But you say you had a period on the 12tn of September.  Did it seem like a normal period, or was it just some bleeding?  Then you say you had a positive on a urine test on "the 21st," I assume you mean the 21st of September?  Except for the "period," everything sounds pretty logical.
ok i mean it seemed normal to me the usual seven days but it was really bright red the first couple days then dark brown red that last couples days.
And you didn't have sex with anyone after the presumed period?  Not your boyfriend, nobody at all?  
nope nobody i only see my boyfriend on weekends cause he is in school still and lives 2 to 3 hours away. he has been the only one ive had sex with since july 26th.
we lost a pregnancy at 8 weeks on july 12th so this came on has a huge surprise to us. i just wondering how far along i am cause i cant go off of when my last period was since that was over a month ago. and im clearly not 2 months pregnant.
Well, my suggestion is that you go on the assumption that you're about five weeks along now, (which gestational-age style count begins at a computed first day of your last period).  Using a count like that, go in for an ultrasound at 7 weeks, or in about two weeks.  Tell them your actual first day of your last period is somewhat confused by having had a miscarriage right before, and you'd like their best estimate of a due date based on the crown-to-rump size of the embryo and the other developmental markers.  Once they give you an estimated due date, you can count backwards from it 266 days to get to an estimated conception date, or 280 days from it to get to a "weeks pregnant"count.  Or just use an online conception calculator and plug in your estimated due date.
ok seems legit thanks.
I need help plz , Imy bf n I broke up around august 10th n I had sex with a friend on the 13th he pulled out but the sperm got on my but a little then I got my period on the 19 n then I got back with my bf he always came in me n I got pregnant . Today October 24 I got an ultra sound n I says I'm 8 weeks n one day who's baby is my bus or my friend I'm scared
The dad is whomever you had sex with around September 9 - 13..  Nobody as early as August 13 --it's almost a month too early, according to your ultrasound.  Are your periods irregular, or sometimes long?  By the count of 8 weeks 1 day, you would have conceived in early September, despite your last period being August 19.  If you had gotten pregnant from sex on August 13, the doc would have said you were 12 or 13 weeks pregnant today, and your last period would have been in July.  You wouldn't have had a period on August 19.
When I had my last period on august 19 it was a little heavy n for September to now I didn't get my period. They told me my due date is July 4
If your due date is July 4, that would be October 11 for conception, maybe you mean June 4?  Otherwise it would be too soon to have this conversation.
The doc told me my due date would be July 4 n that I was 8 weeks n one day
Maybe call the doctor again.  If your due date is July 4, you are not 8 weeks 1 day, you're 4 weeks 1 day.  After all, October 11 was only two weeks ago.
Ok thanks but is it a legit answer that the dad should be my bf ?
When did you and your boyfriend have sex?  And I'm not talking about in August.  You haven't said who you had sex with around September 9 - 11 or so.  If a doctor told you today (October 24) that you were 8 weeks 1 day gestational age, that adds up to around September 9 - 11 for a conception date.
On September 9-11 I had sex with my bf