DNA / Paternity Community
help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

help

I went to the doctor last week on Tuesday the nurse had told me that I was 12 weeks she was ahead by 4 days I don't know of she's right I had sex with my boyfriend in January like on the 8 or 9th I got my period on the 26 of January it was really weird it was light and I didn't get cramps it wasn't like my usual period me and my boyfriend at the time broke up on February 10th I had a one night stand on march 1at I went to get a pregnancy test witch said I was a month and 6 days already where I'm trying to get at is of my boyfriend is the dad?? Because I'm really confused and I'm not sure plus of I had sex on February 10th and got checked on march 1at and I was almost 6 weeks and of I got pregnant on February 10th wouldn't I bearly have been 2.weeks?? Someone help!!!??
You said "I had a one night stand on march 1at I went to get a pregnancy test witch said I was a month and 6 days already ... [i]f I had sex on February 10th and got checked on march 1at and I was almost 6 weeks"

OK, are you saying, you had a one-night stand March 1?  Or are you saying that you had a one-night stand February 10?  If the latter, are you saying you got a pregnancy test that said you were a month and 6 days along, on March 1?  What kind of pregnancy test was that?  Did you have an ultrasound?

What I think I am reading is that you had the following:

sex with boyfriend January 8 or 9
light period beginning January 26
one-night stand February 10
pregnancy test March 1 [said "one month 6 days"]
then you say you "got checked" on March 1 and were "almost 6 weeks"

So, did you have an ultrasound on March 1, or did the doctor or nurse simply start the count at the presumed first day of your last period?

Yes that's what i mean to say had sex on Jan 8 or 9th went to take a,pregnancy test on march 1 st and the doctor told me i was  5 weeks and 6 days i haven't had an ultrasound not yet. where I'm trying to get at is if m y bf is the dad or is the guy with the one night stand the dad i don't know if its possible that the one night stand that took place on February 10th could lead me to be a month and almost two weeks could it?? I'm just so scared and worried that my bf isn't the dad.
Well, you should have an ultrasound.  The doctor told you 5 weeks 6 days on March 1 based on what?  Your last period?  That doesn't quite count up, but let's say he did.  It's likely your February 10 incident was after you were already pregnant.  

However, you won't be able to know anything without an ultrasound, especially since you think the January 25 period was iffy.  Get an ultrasound now, so you won't be that far out of the first trimester when you get it.  Then get an estimated due date from the ultrasound, not from some measurement with a tape measure or some guess based on your last period, and then plug the estimated due date into a conception calculator online.  Or write back to me and tell me what it is and I'll plug it in for you.