DNA / Paternity Community
please help when did i concieve(conceive)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Hi i am really stressed over this ans need help... My last lmp was the 14th nov 2012 so that was my firat day of my last period. I came off on the 18th and was due to come on again on the 12th of dec. I am very reg and always know when im coning on as my body tells me.. Me and my partner have regular sex unprotected.. I am very ashamed of this but i had intercorse with my x on the 7th of dec 2012 and it was unprotected and he SAID he didnt ejeculate which i believe as i would of known. I missed my period on the 12th and my breast became bigger and really sorw from the 10th dec i took a preg test on the 20th and it was positive. I need to find out when i concieved and whos the father. Would it even be possible to concieve (conceive) on the 7th even if he did ejeculate. I just want to be sure. Thanks
I would say it ur boyfriend. But there us always a chance that it could be ur ex. Have u been to the Dr. And had and ultrasound yet
U should have concieved anywhere between the 24th and the 2nd
If your period was due on the 12th and you are usually regular, sex on the 7th is unlikely to have produced the pregnancy.  Not only is it very late in the cycle for ovulation, but your period didn't come, and for a pregnancy to stop a period the embryo would have to grow, divide, shed its 'shell,' and implant, a process that takes 5 or 6 days at the least and often takes up to 10 days.  I would be more concerned about getting tested for STDs from the ex than about having gotten pregnant by him.
thanks girls for the comments.. I have mu ultra sound on friday will they be able to find out the exact conception date or?
When you go in, they will tell you the gestational age (which is the timing method that begins on the first day of your last period).  What you then do is ask "When might I have conceived, then?"  You'll be given a date roughly two weeks later than the first day of your last period.  I.e., if they say "You're 11 weeks 5 days pregnant," and you ask "When do you think I conceived?" they will give you a date about 9 weeks 5 days back.

They will also give you an estimated due date.  With that date, you can go online and put it into a conception calculator.  Another is to manually count back 266 days from your estimated due date, on a calendar.  

You really sound like your ex was just a bit too late to get you pregnant; it sounds most likely that you were already pregnant by about a week to nine days before you had sex with your ex.  
Write back when you hear.
Thanks Annie you have been a great help.. I will let you know how i get on tomorrow. Really nervous as this is my first baby xx
I have had my uktra sound scan and it shows im 11 weeks and 1 day....
What estimated due date does that give you?
The due date they gave is the 22.08.2013
Conception calculator gives --

Due Date:  August 22, 2013

Probable date of ovulation:  November 29, 2012
Possible dates of conception:  November 25 to December 3, 2012

It really looks like your ex is out of the picture.

thankyou so much... When i went for my scan they said im 11 weeks and 1 day how accurate is that? Im going back nxt monday becasue they coukdnt do the low risk high risk check.. I will be able to talk to the nurse properly then and ask her the questions i need answering. But my heart is at rest.. And to tell u the truth the scan picture the took looks lije my partner i kniw its a little early but i can see it already