DNA / Paternity Community
when did i conceive???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

when did i conceive???

im really confused about when i conceived i have been seeing a guy for about 6 months and found out i was pregnant on the 8th Feb
me and this guy had sex on the 6th,13th,,19th,24th Jan
however on the 11th of janurary i had a one night stand that im not proud of and we used the pull out method...

my last period started on the 28th of December 2012 my period is always a few days later each month but i dont know my exact cycle , did a pregnancy test on the 28th of January but that was negative so this makes me think that it wasn't conceived on the first three dates as it would of showed up by then as its over two weeks since then and the first test i did and normally they say two weeks after?

i had an early scan on the 15th of feb and asked the radiographer what the conception date was and she said about the 19th but she was very vague and didnt speak very good or clear english however when using the conception date indicators online it says the 11th january but wouldnt this of shown up on the pregnancy test i did on the 28th janurary this test was done at a family planning clinic advice please!
Tags: Pregnancy
Depending on the normal length of your cycle...a 28 day cycle would have put your fertile days between January 8th-13th. If your cycle is longer than 28 days, it could be a few days later, but that's not a guarantee. Some women ovulate earlier in their cycles and others later. Without knowing exactly when you ovulated, it's hard to say for sure. You could have conceived from either the intercourse on the 11th or the 13th. It's also possible to have conceived from the 19th as well. Depending on the time of day you tested on the 28th, it's possible to receive a false negative. Some women can take a few weeks after their missed period to get a positive urine test. On your next sonogram, you doctor should be able to give you a more exact gestational age which should give you a better indication of when you conceived.
When you got the scan on February 15, did they give you any kind of printed report?  Did it say something like "7 weeks 3 days" on it, or the abbreviation "GA?"  I would trust the written report over a conversation with someone who might or might not have understood you.  She could have been telling you gestational age instead of conception date.
she didnt give me the print out, she said something about 7 weeks and 1 day though
If an ultrasonographer says a number like 7 weeks 1 day pregnant, she almost always means 7 weeks 1 day from the first day of your last period.  (Dating a pregnancy from the first day of your last period gives what doctors call the baby's 'gestational age.')  I assume she did this after looking at the ultrasound?  Not beforehand based on you telling her when the first day of your last period was?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that you were 7w1d on February 15, using gestational age.  That counts back to December 27, which is accurate enough to when your period did come.  If she gave you that count based on the size of the embryo she saw on the screen, that suggests conception was on December 10.  If the sex you had on the 6th was unprotected, the guy from the 6th is more likely to be the father.  But unfortunately, that's all pretty close to the 11th, and the pull-out "method" is not a method of birth control, it's only a method for guys to con women into having sex without having to wear a condom.  So the guy on the 11th is not in the clear, the dates are just too close.

Does the guy from the 6th know there is more than one candidate for dad?