DNA / Paternity Community
will DNA TEST be different if men are related

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

my sister just filed for child support and they did a swab test to the guy she says was the father of her baby. results came ppositive however I think she should of had her husband tested too. If her hubby and the other guy are cousins should she have mentioned that before the test or wont make aa difference.?
It does not matter if they are cousins, they do not have the same DNA.  It wouldn't even make a difference if they were brothers, unless they were identical twins.  If the test was at a lab certified by the courts, don't worry they identified the correct guy.