DOG RESCUE GROUP User Group
Please help Sasha!
About This Group:

Welcome to the new Dog Rescue Group. I will post the details here of any dogs who are currently in HIGH-KILL SHELTERS IN THE U.S.. I will add the email addresses of the person/people to contact, and the location (i.e. which State) if you, or anyone you know, can rescue this dog -either for temporary adoption -or for a "Forever Home". From information I receive, I can also add a brief description of the dog's temperament, its ability to live with other pets, etc. The dogs posted here have a very short time to live. Some have a week or two, some days, some are on the death-list already and have only hours. They literally are ON DEATH ROW. As the spaces they occupy in these Shelters are under demand from more incoming unwanted, or abandoned dogs, they are due for imminent euthanization, through no fault of their own. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. If you can't help directly yourself, it would be a great kindness to email these details to friends, family, etc. who may well know someone who can. Maybe with this page, we can all help to make a difference for these innocents. (I will issue a reference number for the dog, and the person to contact if you can help) With love,Ginger899

Founded by ginger899 on August 29, 2012
5 members

Please help Sasha!

8422426?1350332926
Manhattan Center - P

My name is SASHA. My Animal ID # is A0947371.
I am a female black and white pit bull mix. The shelter thinks I am about 3 YEARS old.

I came in the shelter as a OWNER SUR on 09/29/2012 from NY 10473, owner surrender reason stated was NYCHA BAN.
(Had to be surrendered because of Housing Association ban on keeping pets)

She is scared, lonely and doesn't know why she is there, and her family are gone.

[[Behaviour assessment:
BEHAVIOR EVALUATION - AVERAGE
Exam Type BEHAVIOR
Helper 940867 Sasha was shy, but calm and relaxed during handling. She was distracted, focused on objects in the room rather than the handler during the tag test. Sasha was not interested in food, toys or rawhide. She was relaxed when approaching a friendly dog, but was not playful. Look: 1. Dog's eyes are averted, with tail wagging and ears back. She allows head to be held loosely in Assessor's cupped hands. Sensitivity: 1. Dog stands still and accepts the touch, her eyes are averted, and her tail is in neutral position with relaxed body posture. Tag: 2. Dog is not fearful, but is unresponsive to the Assessor, and approaches the Assessor at the end of the game (needs coaxing to approach.) she is focused on stimuli other than the Assessor. Squeeze 1: 1. Dog gently pulls back her paw. Squeeze 2: 1. Dog gently pulls back her paw. Food. No interest. Toy 1. No interest. Rawhide 1. No interest. Dog - dog 2. Dog approaches helper dog with tail at spine level, body not stiff, ears relaxed, and lip long ]]

TO ADOPT THIS ANIMAL THROUGH THE PUBLIC ADOPTION SITE, PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND SCROLL DOWN
h-t-t-p://w-w-w.n-y-c-a-c-c.o-r-g/P-u-b-l-i-c-A-t-R-i-s-k.h-t-m
ginger899 commented on ginger899's status
Oct 09
skepticalpeach I wish school did not end f... Comment
Jun 17
breezytoo commented on A dog's love
Apr 13