Please help Sasha!
Manhattan Center - P

My name is SASHA. My Animal ID # is A0947371.
I am a female black and white pit bull mix. The shelter thinks I am about 3 YEARS old.

I came in the shelter as a OWNER SUR on 09/29/2012 from NY 10473, owner surrender reason stated was NYCHA BAN.
(Had to be surrendered because of Housing Association ban on keeping pets)

She is scared, lonely and doesn't know why she is there, and her family are gone.

[[Behaviour assessment:
BEHAVIOR EVALUATION - AVERAGE
Exam Type BEHAVIOR
Helper 940867 Sasha was shy, but calm and relaxed during handling. She was distracted, focused on objects in the room rather than the handler during the tag test. Sasha was not interested in food, toys or rawhide. She was relaxed when approaching a friendly dog, but was not playful. Look: 1. Dog's eyes are averted, with tail wagging and ears back. She allows head to be held loosely in Assessor's cupped hands. Sensitivity: 1. Dog stands still and accepts the touch, her eyes are averted, and her tail is in neutral position with relaxed body posture. Tag: 2. Dog is not fearful, but is unresponsive to the Assessor, and approaches the Assessor at the end of the game (needs coaxing to approach.) she is focused on stimuli other than the Assessor. Squeeze 1: 1. Dog gently pulls back her paw. Squeeze 2: 1. Dog gently pulls back her paw. Food. No interest. Toy 1. No interest. Rawhide 1. No interest. Dog - dog 2. Dog approaches helper dog with tail at spine level, body not stiff, ears relaxed, and lip long ]]

TO ADOPT THIS ANIMAL THROUGH THE PUBLIC ADOPTION SITE, PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND SCROLL DOWN
h-t-t-p://w-w-w.n-y-c-a-c-c.o-r-g/P-u-b-l-i-c-A-t-R-i-s-k.h-t-m
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
hunter_harley joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 17
blcontra joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 26
ginger899 commented on March 31 Concerned fo...
Mar 31