DOG RESCUE GROUP User Group
urther information on adopting * Please read this first!
About This Group:

Welcome to the new Dog Rescue Group. I will post the details here of any dogs who are currently in HIGH-KILL SHELTERS IN THE U.S.. I will add the email addresses of the person/people to contact, and the location (i.e. which State) if you, or anyone you know, can rescue this dog -either for temporary adoption -or for a "Forever Home". From information I receive, I can also add a brief description of the dog's temperament, its ability to live with other pets, etc. The dogs posted here have a very short time to live. Some have a week or two, some days, some are on the death-list already and have only hours. They literally are ON DEATH ROW. As the spaces they occupy in these Shelters are under demand from more incoming unwanted, or abandoned dogs, they are due for imminent euthanization, through no fault of their own. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. If you can't help directly yourself, it would be a great kindness to email these details to friends, family, etc. who may well know someone who can. Maybe with this page, we can all help to make a difference for these innocents. (I will issue a reference number for the dog, and the person to contact if you can help) With love,Ginger899

Founded by ginger899 on August 29, 2012
5 members

DO NOT call the shelter and say you are adopting unless you truly intend on physically going to the shelter to adopt the dog. It ties up phones lines and is a waste of the staff's time to explain the adoption procedure over the phone for someone who is purposely not going to show up. They need every free second of their time to answer calls, assist actual adopters, process intakes, and care for the animals. More importantly, they will note the dog’s file that an adopter is en route which will prevent an actual adopter from saving the dog. This is considered a "fake adoption" hold and that is how dogs fall through the cracks and end up being killed.

For more information on a particular dog, email ***@**** but ONLY if serious about adopting, and ONLY if you are able to GO TO the shelter in-person. Please do not email for status updates... the only thing you will accomplish is spamming their in boxes and causing REAL adopter emails to go un-noticed. Contact the NYC ACC at (212) 788-4000 for further automated instructions.
skepticalpeach I wish school did not end f... Comment
Jun 17
breezytoo commented on A dog's love
Apr 13
Rescue Colonel the Dog (Petition) Blank
Mar 06 by ginger899