Bladder control problems
Please help!!!! I am just now into my 16th week. I have been having some major issues with bladder control for about a week now. I do not seem to be having as many issues during the day, but do occasionally find myself with wet pants and not really realizing I had to go in the first place. Unfortunately my biggest problem is at night. I have found that when I'm asleep there is no telling if I will wake up dry or not. I have been limiting my evening beverages and making sure I go to the bathroom before getting comfortable but it does not seem to be helping much. I feel bad for my bf as he is waking up just as wet as me since I cuddle very close to him through out the night. I have been trying to set my alarm to get up through out the night, but since I have very little control over when I go at night that doesn't seem to be making a difference either. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it. Even if it is just someone saying I'm not alone in this fun game. I feel like I'm too early in the pregnancy to be dealing with bladder control issues.

Thank you in advance.

Quartz
I am having a little issue with bladder control but it is light and this is my third child. I usually wear a pad which helps. I would consult with your doctor to make sure it is not something else. The one thing I can stress is not to limit your water intake, it very important you get enough for the baby's amniotic fluid to be replenished.
It sounds like for now the best thing would be to wear like an overnight sanitary pad or something to soak it up. I would mention it at your next doctors visit to make sure it's not something more serious. My problem is when I sneeze or cough to hard, lol.
Thanks for the feed back. It is nice to hearom others that this early on Im not the only one with issues right now. People keep talking about pregnancy being a beautiful process, but near as I can tell it seems to have more uncomfortable and embarrasing moments early on lol.
Yeah, unfortunately I've always had a weak bladder and pregnancy has NOT helped, lol. The best thing to do is laugh off the embarrassing moments and enjoy using the pregnancy excuse :)
Pregnancy is the only time we can get away with peeing our selves without anyone really looking at us with too many odd glances. The problem I have is I have a very hypotonic bladder. Based on my last test I can have about 1000 ml of urine in me before I even realize I might kinda have to pee but that is not the point when I have to race to the bathroom. The doctor that did the test had told me few people can have over 500 mls in their bladder before they feel like they really have to go and it is medically not advised to have over 700 as this puts too much risk on the bladder and kidneys. Having a bladder that will get that full without me noticing it makes it really hard when I have a baby that is enjoying playing on the waterbed ;) With my bladder acting up this much I can only imagine how much fun I will have as the pregnancy progresses and baby gets bigger with my very full bladder.
Wow, that would be a bit troublesome. I'm just the opposite, it seems like my bladder is ALWAYS full! Before I was pregnant I had to pee at least every 2hrs, now I pee about every 1 to 2 hours.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
bebe2011 Hello all!! Comment
Jul 19
bebe2011 added the Pregnancy Tracker
Jul 19
Gardezi on to the next cycle..... Comment
Jul 13