December 2012 Babies User Group
Can we say stressed??? Need to vent my concerns.
About This Group:

Group for women expecting their baby(ies) anytime during December of 2012. This is a place to ask questions, share stories, and celebrate!

Founded by FreshLove on April 4, 2012
28 members

Well I have made it to 35 weeks. At my appointment last week my fundal height was measuring at 29 instead of 34.5 so I was sent for an ultrasound. Baby's measurements were consistent with my measurement (ultrasound measurements say baby is about 3 pounds 6 ounces) so my doc told me it looks like I am in the position of IUGR. Now I have to have weekly visits with my doc which would be happening anyway so that really isn't a big deal, 2 NSTs a week, and weekly ultrasounds to measure fluid levels. my doc also said to plan on having baby in about 2-3 weeks instead of 5, he thinks it is unlikely that I will make it to 40 weeks. I am still on Procardia and bed rest. If any of the constant tests show baby is getting stressed then I could be having baby sooner. Now I get to sit here and hope that somehow all of the measurements were wrong and baby is perfectly healthy. Trying to be optimistic at this point is hard.

I am glad to see others who are posting that they and babies are doing well. I hope everything remains on this track for you ladies.
I hope everything goes well! My friend from high school had to be induced at 36 weeks due to a similar situation (growth restriction and low fluid levels) and her boy did just fine. He's almost 4 years old now and still doing great :)

I know it's hard, but try to relax, continue to eat healthy, and get some rest. Your body can tell if you are overly stressed and that's not the best environment for baby. Even if you have to deliver in 2 weeks (so you'd be 37) that's considered full term and I'm sure you will have a healthy baby :)
Thank you. I have been trying to keep a positive outlook on things. I know there are several babies who are born tiny and in the long run end up doing very well. It is hard to not let my mind go to the what ifs, but I know if I keep my thoughts there then I am only risking baby even more. I have had the thought that in the timing my doc mentioned I would be 37-38 weeks which has helped ease some of my tensions. But as ready as I am to have my little one here I also know mentally I am not ready lol. Really who is fully ready for this big change. I am ready but I'm not. Its a fun mind game for me. Thanks for your support.
Lol, yeah nobody is ever truly ready. You can read as many books as you want, nanny other peoples' children, and have a million items for your baby but the reality is going to be completely new and overwhelming at first, but wonderful :) I'm 37 weeks with baby #2 and still nervous about what to expect because I know it will be different than the 1st time around, lol.
Gardezi commented on zara2010's status
Gardezi commented on KTowne's status
Aug 17
Gardezi Zahra is almost 20 months n... Comment
Aug 17