Procardia and/or bed rest anyone? I kinda need to vent.
This pregnancy is proving to be a little difficult for me. I have now spent 2 weeks on Procardia to stop contractions. I had a fetal fibronectin test done - physical exam shows I'm closed and swab test for fibronectin came back negative. Both bits of information are GREAT NEWS. I have also been on modified bed rest for about 3 weeks now. Being an active person this is really starting to get to me. But the combination is finally starting to show promising results as the contractions have slowed way down. Baby has been very active over the last week :D

To add to everything else I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 31st to determine the plan of action as I have a new hernia. Ugh things are getting a bit more complicated for this high risk mommy to be.

I hope every one else is doing well. I'm counting down my last 63 days (until due date) until I have my precious baby in my arms :D
So sorry you have to be on bed rest! With my last pregnancy, I was on Procardia and bed rest from 32 - 36 weeks because I went into pretern labor (dilated to 4cm with bulging bag of waters). It drove me absolutely crazy...and then he decided to stick around until 38 1/2 weeks! Drove me crazy because I thought since I'd been working so hard to keep him in, the minute I stopped he would arrive, lol.
I had that with my first dialated to 4cm at 30 weeks and spent the remainder (7 weeks) on full best rest. I have 3 hernias with this my 3rd pregnancy. unfortunately I am unable to rest as I have a 4 yr old and a 2 year old with no help at all. I know it is hard but it will be over before you know it. so just try and take this oportunity to rest because there will be none once the baby is here.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
FreshLove Woow, I have not updated in... Comment
Nov 11
bebe2011 Hello all!! Comment
Jul 19
bebe2011 added the Pregnancy Tracker
Jul 19