December 2012 Babies User Group
The Final Countdown :)
About This Group:

Group for women expecting their baby(ies) anytime during December of 2012. This is a place to ask questions, share stories, and celebrate!

Founded by FreshLove on April 4, 2012
28 members

The Final Countdown :)

Had my 36 week prenatal appointment today! Baby is moving fine, in a good position with a good heart beat. I was happy to hear that my cervix has moved forward, is very soft, and 3 - 4cm dilated, hopefully this will help labor to be quick! The less work my body has to do when the actual time comes the better! lol Gabriel came at 38+6 so midwife, husband, and I are all hoping for another 38 weeker :) My midwife has 6 women all do at the beginning of December and my husband has finals the 2nd week of December, so it would be nice if she decided to come the last week of November, but like the midwife said...babies like to be unpredictable and will come whenever they are ready.

Anyone else to their weekly appointments yet? Excited to be in the final stretch of pregnancy?
Congrats on your baby!!! I'm 34weeks 2days and due Dec 25th. I have one more appointment before I Start going every week. But I did just have my 3D ultrasound done and my baby is head down too and doing very good. Well I wish you the best of luck..
i had to go today but my Doc is not available for two days,though they have other docs available but i do not want to go to anyoneelse so m finally going on Saturday for my weekly appointment ,in addition to that i will require to go for NST and growth scan before my appointment.

Here my Doc says he asks all his patients to go for weekly NST starting from week 36 so...  i also need to go for that also.

I know this is too much and m sick and tired of so many tests/scans .I have already had one NST done last week and have not heard any of ladies here going for routine NST.

I have already had 4 ultrasounds and going to have another on Saturday,in addition to that i am supposed to get one more in case i do not go into labor by my due date.God  i have started feeling that m being treated not as a pregnant woman but a patient.

I know i should not be complaining so much at this stage but trust me i have gone for so many tests .Anyway i will be fine with all that ,all i want now is a healthy baby.
Im 36 weeks 1 day I got Friday for my checkup...I'm soooo excited my little girl is almost here!!! Due December 12
Wow, that is a lot of unnecessary test! You are definitely being treated as a patient, not a healthy pregnant woman. A doctor who routinely does so many tests and ultrasounds would scare me, probably more likely to use medical interventions during birth as well (pitocin, epidural, forceps, etc.). You do realize as a patient you have a right to decline the non-stress test? Legally, you have no obligation to go, you can politely tell your doctor that you decline...even if he says "Well it's just routine" or "But I think it's necessary at this stage" you still don't have to get the NST. If baby's heart rate has been good at appointments, fundal (uterus height) height is on track, and you are feeling movement than there is no reason to go for one every week. Being treated like a sick patient instead of a healthy, capable pregnant woman who's body is meant to birth a baby can really take a toll on your mind/psych.

lol, sorry for the rant. I'm planning on becoming a doula (child birth assistant) after college and so these things are near to my heart.
Gardezi commented on veronica0808's status
Gardezi commented on Gardezi's status
FreshLove commented on FreshLove's status